Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Probably after they get back from break……unless it’s close to pre lunch break.
    Then it will probably be at the mid afternoon break.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

True story........when I started my first business in 2000 i picked up a customer who informed me, he was retired from our local electric company (which paid very well), that he now works for the Teamsters down on the docks. He proceeded to tell me that he made $28/hr to ride around on a golf cart and fill up the three water coolers on the dock. He said it took about 3 hours, and his words...."i f'ed around the other 5, because i knew the union wouldnt mess with me"!

And they wonder why!!!

Record profits for some businesses so, if it's record profit for some wouldn't you they are doing better than under Trump. I'm not saying they didn't do good under Trump but, if it's record profit for 2022 you just might have to Give Joe some credit here at least for those companies but, I realize you're not programmed buy the media you watch to give Joe any credit.

BBQ 3 breaks 2 - 15 minute and one 30 minute. The only ones that mainly took those breaks was the old timers for them it was like clock work but, for us guys that was younger we never cared about breaks. Did we take breaks sometimes yes we did but, if you've been in the steam tunnels terminating either copper or fiber for a couple of hours you wanted to take a break from the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    True story........when I started my first business in 2000 i picked up a customer who informed me, he was retired from our local electric company (which paid very well), that he now works for the Teamsters down on the docks. He proceeded to tell me that he made $28/hr to ride around on a golf cart and fill up the three water coolers on the dock. He said it took about 3 hours, and his words...."i f'ed around the other 5, because i knew the union wouldnt mess with me"!

And they wonder why!!!

So he worked for the union or was an employee of a company who had a contract with the union?

Well now you’re just being silly……nice spin at it though.

I'm trying to figure out what the Rat's trying to say. It's up to the company to provide you work. The union has nothing to do with that part. Why would the union mess with him. They would have no reason. Again the union doesn't provide the work.

BBQ the sillyness abounds!!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what the Rat's trying to say. It's up to the company to provide you work. The union has nothing to do with that part. Why would the union mess with him. They would have no reason. Again the union doesn't provide the work.
    You have a rat on top of your head pulling your hair to direct every move you make. hahahhaahaha
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Bro, this isn’t third grade civics…….we all got it. You’re just trying to drive something in a different direction.

If I can clarify I’m guessing he meant his bosses couldn’t eff with him because of union protection…..but you knew that already.

BBQ that's such BS. All companies have a disciplinary policy. I've seen guys suspended for violating the company policies many times. Once you start to suspending them without pay it gets their attention and in some cases like I've stated in another post the company has a zero policies on some things. So the company is the one that decided not to discipline their employee. They have no backbone. That's what some of the employees thought when they first started at AT&T that they could do anything and the union would protect them but, they found out real quick that wasn't the case so, can't blame the unions if the company don't want to discipline their own employee.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    You have a rat on top of your head pulling your hair to direct every move you make. hahahhaahaha
    Sorry that wasn't even funny. I'm not saying like I'm offended just it was pretty stupid and not funny. Go back to the drawing board and get some new material lmao...........................

Protecting your Rat I see lol......................................

BBQ that's such BS. All companies have a disciplinary policy. I've seen guys suspended for violating the company policies many times. Once you start to suspending them without pay it gets their attention and in some cases like I've stated in another post the company has a zero policies on some things. So the company is the one that decided not to discipline their employee. They have no backbone. That's what some of the employees thought when they first started at AT&T that they could do anything and the union would protect them but, they found out real quick that wasn't the case so, can't blame the unions if the company don't want to discipline their own employee.
    You’re like talking to a drunk sometimes…sorry.

lol............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................

Kid, you are debating with a jealous person when it comes to unions. One of my union jobs the company wanted a zero-tolerance drug policy. The company offered us a better retirement package if the union would agree to the zero-tolerance policy. From there on out if you were positive for a dirty drug drop you were fired. No questions asked, no employee review board hearing. The employees knew what disciplinary was going to be. It was important for the company for a zero-tolerance so they offered something we would accept. Both sides got something. Both sides came to an agreement.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

No jealousy from this poster ss12, my non-Union job has the same “zero” tolerance drug policy, so you’re not BS’ing me. You’re liar, a thief, a hack, and a troll with no credibility? Debunked again.

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    Kid, you are debating with a jealous person when it comes to unions. One of my union jobs the company wanted a zero-tolerance drug policy. The company offered us a better retirement package if the union would agree to the zero-tolerance policy. From there on out if you were positive for a dirty drug drop you were fired. No questions asked, no employee review board hearing. The employees knew what disciplinary was going to be. It was important for the company for a zero-tolerance so they offered something we would accept. Both sides got something. Both sides came to an agreement.
    As long as I was there we never had a strike that's because the union and the company would always find common ground. Yeah I really don't care if they like unions or not.

BBq/Lurker posted: No jealousy from this poster ss12, my non-Union job has the same “zero” tolerance drug policy, so you’re not BS’ing me. You’re liar, a thief, a hack, and a troll with no credibility? Debunked again.

I see you didn't bring up nothing about your retirement. But I'm sure it's a lot better than what I have. I mean I had to wait until I was 50 before I could retire.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

Nice diversion and deflection, you were the one that brought up zero policy drug testing --- now it’s a diversion to retirement. You’re a liar, a thief, a hack, and a troll with no credibility.

You might want to go and re-read post #445 again. Zero-tolerance for better retirement. Thats what the company offered the union. No diversion or deflection just the facts. You are the one who has to divert and deflect not me.