Default Single File restart with 16 laps left at Brownstown?

Is that normal? It was a one lane track and the only chances for any passing would have been a Delaware double file restart.

Seen it happen more than once. They knew the track sucked and that is why they did it. First 10 laps weren’t bad
    Scott Kleindorfer

They did it that way because they were going to have some upset drivers at the end of the race if they didn't. That's my guess but, who knows maybe they had a different reason.

It was 1 lane so they did it to not have complaints. I've seen Lucas do the same thing more than once.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

The guy has had that place for around 10 years and still can't track prep. Big black eye for Brownstown.

84wedge/karen, do you only come on here to complain?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    I will be a Karen. I cancelled my Flo yesterday so I did not see this restart (I was watching Fletch on Netflix, its highly recommended and way more entertaining that most DLM races) on a one lane cho cho track but I want to say this. Why change the rules mid game? A restart at lap 16 should be treated like any other restart no matter what the track conditions are. Race fans pay money to be entertained. Show me entertainment and quit trying not to hurt racer's feelings!

With 16 laps to go it was time to acknowledge the suck. I don't think 84wedge is being a Karen for pointing it out. That was a valid observation of that mid-race single file. Someone in race control said, "Let's get this stinker over with." They knew what they had.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    The guy has had that place for around 10 years and still can't track prep. Big black eye for Brownstown.
    Well thank you for that observation! Every year I see he's still there and finally quit going there period last year. Tired of getting grit blasted in a covered grandstand and watching superior cars not being able to pass slower traffic on that slick place!

When a track is that bad it is for the best to go single file restarts, when passing happens only because of the double file restarts. In other words, if the only passing is "created" by double file restarts, then it becomes unfair to half the field, since the other half is being given the best groove.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 04-20-2023 at 01:54 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    You're confusing me with BleedBlue

Rougher track surfaces produce better racing quite often. However it also tears up cars. Brownstown would have been a better show if they had just not treated the track after the heats. Tough to figure

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    With 16 laps to go it was time to acknowledge the suck. I don't think 84wedge is being a Karen for pointing it out. That was a valid observation of that mid-race single file. Someone in race control said, "Let's get this stinker over with." They knew what they had.
    ^ ^ That is a statement that tells the whole story right from the old bread basket ! ! ^^

I'm sure that "where" the idea comes from might not be a fan favorite, but I'd love to see a track or series implement a choose cone (or a drone, why not). Even with double file restarts, give some driver's farther back the option of choosing high or low.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    I'm sure that "where" the idea comes from might not be a fan favorite, but I'd love to see a track or series implement a choose cone (or a drone, why not). Even with double file restarts, give some driver's farther back the option of choosing high or low.
    They're doing it at the Sprint car series that Larson and Sweet are promoting. I like the idea.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Rougher track surfaces produce better racing quite often. However it also tears up cars. Brownstown would have been a better show if they had just not treated the track after the heats. Tough to figure
    RTJ mentioned he saw the modifieds starting to take the middle line so he had an idea what would happen. I've seen some great races at Brownstown with a good bottom and top practically equal to each other. Last night was not the case.

So. the FIRST restart was single file? No lap one or two multiple cautions? Just curious. Most tracks/sanctions have policies on say three restarts we go single file, especially when up against a curfew.

This isn't the first time this has happened. I guess I'm confused as to why it's a concer? Lucas has done it a lot when the race track rubbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9zfEEtoeE8

They went to race on the black ice, and they sure had it! Listen to the throttle on this late model around the 16:00 minute mark of the video. Idling, and a little feathering, that is just wrong.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!