Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default RTJ tweet at Talladega Short Track ….

“I forgot the off-road shocks”

He has on Facebook that they loaded up and aren't gonna race.

Wow what a whiner. Where did the real racers disappear too? It's dirt, it's not supposed to be same everywhere everytime. I'm certain he was able to use his phone like everyone else and see weather conditions prior to event and during. Was kinda a fan of rtj but in this situation nope. Just like watched casebolt & Miller load up one night at millstream citing too fast and rough. Everyone has choices but they also have consequences and them are fans and merch sales.

Sub-par track conditions on local races are one thing but when you show up to a $50,000 to win race you shouldn’t have to worry about ripping the nose off in qualifying

Shame on TST for being able to put up a nice purse but not being able to control the weather. Maybe RTJ should take his act across the street for ideal conditions.

I wasn’t there so I don’t know….but having had a modest little B Mod car in the past. For those who don’t race….a really rough track breaks a lot of parts and is way harder on cars than actually racing, and that was on my little 10 cent rig. I can’t imagine the cost to a big boy late model car. So just know that before you take sides.

Some folks have the idea that they are part of a race team and should have a say in what the said team does. Ya's sound like a bunch of 12 year old girls. Sponsor a team for around 20 - 30 gs. Then your opinion might be of some interest. Till then, stfu. Ya'll sound like lil biches.
    8/13/16

I prefer rough then asphalt slick when racing. It was said many years ago, you gotta build it to finish. Nose git ripped off in qualifying, well don't jump cushion and raise ride heights, problem solved. I've raced really rough and didn't see parts falling off my POS, so I take sides from seat not bleacher creature

Funny how nobody mentions (Mr. Likeable) Mikey Marlar did the same thing. So 2 of the fastest hotrods in the country right now decided to save their equipment for another day. Sounds like a smart decision for the two of them.
    8/13/16

If they had cancelled after the rain they would have been crucified.
    The level of complaining from racers and race fans is absurd.

Taking RTJ comment way out of text. Was the track ruff, yes, due to the weather the ground crew was dealt with. If they would have cancelled you keyboard jockeys would have crusified them. In the drivers seat racing on a surface that's rutted up is not a good time. #1 you need to inspect every inch of the car afterwards. His crew is probably thanking the person that made that call.

said the king of keyboard jockeyism ^^

lol^

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    I prefer rough then asphalt slick when racing. It was said many years ago, you gotta build it to finish. Nose git ripped off in qualifying, well don't jump cushion and raise ride heights, problem solved. I've raced really rough and didn't see parts falling off my POS, so I take sides from seat not bleacher creature
    Yeah raise ride heights and go slower than the rest of the field. It’s not the 80s. Cars are way too stuck and slammed on the front end to be racing on cornfields in 2023. Did you clowns see the video of Hoffman almost barrel roll it in qualifying? Place wasn’t safe at all, why take a chance on junking your stuff when it’s not even your series and you’re the points leader for the other series. Y’all are some entitled race fans watching from your couch, plain and simple

I didn’t watch so can’t say much. But how many cars ended up on their lids. How much equipment ended up being torn up In the 3 features ? The post above makes it sound like it was a s***show and maybe it was, I don’t know.

your car has been as hot as a fuel fire and you want risk bending it in a series you aren't chasing? i don't think so.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

The video highlites didnt look all that rough, not rough enough to load up. Features were VERY racy and 2 wide the whole way, which is unheard of at TST in the past. These cars today have a ton of adjustability, it may not be ideal, but why not just raise the nose and deal with it.
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

The call was probably made by the crew chief and/or team owner.

they had 64 last night, lets see how many they have tonight.i bet they aint the only 2 that leave.

This ain't the 80s or even 90s but we've allowed the teams to dictate ideal race surface and parts manufacturers determine rising costs. I don't see teams parking they're junk when track locks down. Qualifying fastest up front primadonna racers. The purses have never paid higher the cars have never cost so much, so what's really changed? Racing is still a hobby that somebody I'd losing money doing

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    they had 64 last night, lets see how many they have tonight.i bet they aint the only 2 that leave.
    There's always guys buried in a heat that leave a 2 day show, the fact that some feel it's necessary to announce their departure is the issue. It's a racetrack not an airport.