Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default It Continues to be so Difficult to Like Bobby

The guy really has some talent holding a steering wheel! However, when he opens his mouth when he doesn't win, that all fades away for me. Reading the article on DoD, he feels that one rookie driver doesn't belong on the WoO tour. My position is who should make him the judge? By golly, he told Steve Francis on his position as well. Here's a 26 year-old guy who has never run the WoO and currently sits 6th in points and feels he has the clout to provide advice to Steve Francis. What? Bobby's resume comes nowhere close to Francis' career. Her's definitely his Mama's son!

One other opinion. Bobby better take advantage of Bob before Bob ages out. Bobby will never find a guy as qualified to replace Bob from a set-up standpoint or operate the sticks to tell Bobby where to run on the track. The combination that Bob offers often is duplicated, but never been replicated!

But it is fun to dislike him!! LOL!!

I have to hand it to him though, you either love him or hate him. Not every driver has the ability to make fans do that.

cmonblue, I don’t follow any type of, per say, social media or DoD type sources on any driver so I would'nt know what any of them have to say about anything --- I just watch the racing on-track product and that solves the problem you’re talking about. Works for me. And I don’t really watch the Flo interviews either. I don’t find them entertaining or interesting.

And I’d agree, once Big Bob is out of Bobby’s picture, Big Bob will never be replaced.

lil bobby is 26? smh, he acts like a 6 year old.

ruben kept saying over and over saturday that the 30 car had yet to qualify for a feature yet before saturday, bobbys not wrong. he smoked him on the back like 5 laps in and tore up a bunchve good cars

^^who tore up a bunch of cars , bobby? thats pretty typical of him. i didnt see the race yet, is why i ask.

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    ruben kept saying over and over saturday that the 30 car had yet to qualify for a feature yet before saturday, bobbys not wrong. he smoked him on the back like 5 laps in and tore up a bunchve good cars
    So because he hadn't qualified for a race yet he doesn't belong in a race that he legitimately qualified for?

This isn't an all star race/series where you are only allowed to race if you meet certain past credentials.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    So because he hadn't qualified for a race yet he doesn't belong in a race that he legitimately qualified for?

This isn't an all star race/series where you are only allowed to race if you meet certain past credentials.
    maybe it should be. i read dirt on dirt everyday and have never heard of the guy so maybe win some races regionally first before you jump on a tour

maybe it should be. i read dirt on dirt everyday and have never heard of the guy so maybe win some races regionally first before you jump on a tour
    There are plenty of guys in this country that can drive a race car and do not get print on DoD.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    There are plenty of guys in this country that can drive a race car and do not get print on DoD.
    when i ran late model we ran 3 super races and they did a story lol and im average at best. bob was standing right in front of us giving signals so i was watching bobby when the whole deal happened. im not saying bobby hasnt stepped on it plenty but not a good way to make your debut

Cooney has had a very successful career here in Iowa. He had a chance to go live a dream of following the WOO tour and is doing it.

i read dirt on dirt everyday and have never heard of the guy so maybe win some races regionally first before you jump on a tour
    https://www.dirtondirt.com/South_11970.html

And they wonder why??
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

when i ran late model we ran 3 super races and they did a story lol and im average at best. bob was standing right in front of us giving signals so i was watching bobby when the whole deal happened. im not saying bobby hasnt stepped on it plenty but not a good way to make your debut
    I guess you must have an interesting personality or something. You 1 off experience doesn't discount the guys toiling away in anonymity.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Good for him. He's been throught some stuff and he's living his dream.

Quote Originally Posted by cmonblue View Post
    The guy really has some talent holding a steering wheel! However, when he opens his mouth when he doesn't win, that all fades away for me. Reading the article on DoD, he feels that one rookie driver doesn't belong on the WoO tour. My position is who should make him the judge? By golly, he told Steve Francis on his position as well. Here's a 26 year-old guy who has never run the WoO and currently sits 6th in points and feels he has the clout to provide advice to Steve Francis. What? Bobby's resume comes nowhere close to Francis' career.!
    I had the privilege of watching Steve Francis’ entire career — his early days closer to home (we’re both from KY), as well as after he became a national name. He was one of my favorites. Bobby is one of my current favorites (I have several). At the age of 26, Francis’ resume’ wasn’t even close to what Bobby’s is right now. That’s not an opinion. It’s the truth. As for the DOD article, no doubt he was ranting immediately after a difficult finish. However, he is the only driver in the sport who gets on social media after every loss and congratulates the winner — even after heartbreaking losses like this one. I don’t know how anyone could be any more gracious or respectful after tough losses than he is. Obviously that wasn’t the case in this DOD article, but I don’t judge people based on their rare bad moments. I judge them on what they are the other 99% of the time. We all have our bad moments, when we let our emotions overtake us, but that shouldn’t define your character.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    Cooney has had a very successful career here in Iowa. He had a chance to go live a dream of following the WOO tour and is doing it.
    I 100% agree with this. Hopefully he can continue to follow the tour and have some good finishes along the way. Maybe even pick up a W when he gets to some more familiar tracks.

The pierce clan live for all this social media attention, just go look at the lines of people buying tee shirts.

Bobby needs to remember he was guy at one time. Plus Bob said the wheel breaking was more than likely from a loose wheel

Quote Originally Posted by cmonblue View Post
    The guy really has some talent holding a steering wheel! However, when he opens his mouth when he doesn't win, that all fades away for me. Reading the article on DoD, he feels that one rookie driver doesn't belong on the WoO tour. My position is who should make him the judge? By golly, he told Steve Francis on his position as well. Here's a 26 year-old guy who has never run the WoO and currently sits 6th in points and feels he has the clout to provide advice to Steve Francis. What? Bobby's resume comes nowhere close to Francis' career. Her's definitely his Mama's son!One other opinion. Bobby better take advantage of Bob before Bob ages out. Bobby will never find a guy as qualified to replace Bob from a set-up standpoint or operate the sticks to tell Bobby where to run on the track. The combination that Bob offers often is duplicated, but never been replicated!
    It's difficult for you to like him obviously but to his 50000+ facebook fans its not so hard. If people would critique other drivers like they do Pierce there would be no race fans