Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Drake

FINALLY! The Drake's bad luck ended and he kept the tires on it and won the Jackie Boggs memorial. Shame Josh Rice dropped out early. I bet that would have been a good battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    FINALLY! The Drake's bad luck ended and he kept the tires on it and won the Jackie Boggs memorial. Shame Josh Rice dropped out early. I bet that would have been a good battle.
    Based on the 10 laps of data available, rice's miscue into the wall did not cost him the race. Drake was the class of the field.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

He is a lot better than the rapper Drake

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Based on the 10 laps of data available, rice's miscue into the wall did not cost him the race. Drake was the class of the field.
    no one would have touched him last night.

A unique track to conquer on your first attempt. Congratulations young man. Well done.
    8/13/16

Loved seeing Drake win it, loved seeing him in victory lane with the Boggs family…….man I miss seeing those guys.
    4b smiling up above that a youngster nicknamed “ the kid”won it…….huge irony considering Jackie’s love and respect for kids.
    Well done Mr Troutman.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Get Drake to Eldora.

Kids definitely fast all around the country in a mod or late model… just seems to have a lot of flat tires be it from bad luck or running too hard, but also puts himself in a lot of bad or iffy spots on the track between other cars and the wall that leads to a lot of his dnfs

He's got a ton of talent. What he needs is the experience that he's starting to get. Some don't learn, but I think this kid will.

@Pennsboro - I can't wait to see him at Eldora too...or whatever track he shows up to next.

@BBQ - You were at the Race For Kids when Hardy cut off Boggs exiting the pits, right? Casey won. It was the weekend Fergy flipped (I think). That night, Jackie gained a fan right here. The way he revved his engine and tore out of there during the post-race was awesome. Shame we lost him so young.

Prior to this year, anytime I saw him at a track he was pulling double duty in the mod and late.
    I've got to think that's a big asset when you're starting out.
    8/13/16

He's got a ton of talent. What he needs is the experience that he's starting to get. Some don't learn, but I think this kid will.

@Pennsboro - I can't wait to see him at Eldora too...or whatever track he shows up to next.

@BBQ - You were at the Race For Kids when Hardy cut off Boggs exiting the pits, right? Casey won. It was the weekend Fergy flipped (I think). That night, Jackie gained a fan right here. The way he revved his engine and tore out of there during the post-race was awesome. Shame we lost him so young.
    We fed him and his whole crew along with a few others that weekend, was awesome to be around them….one of my best weekends at a track ever.

@BBQ - that's really cool. Sounds like a lot of fun. RIP Jackie.

Yeah man, we met some really cool folks at those events back then…….a lot of friendships made after the racing was done for the night at those race for the kids weekend events.

That whole vibe was kind of magical back then….a lot of good folks started all that, glad it’s still going on and has become a tradition.

@BBQ - Isn't Clary's closed now? Did they move the Race For Kids?

The Drake wins his heat tonight!

Finally kept the wheels on it for his first 10k win! Congrats to The Drake!

Finally kept the wheels on it for his first 10k win! Congrats to The Drake!
    He won the 10k at Brushcreek a couple weeks ago. Kid is good. Ready to watch him at FALS

This clearly is his breakout season for national recognition as far as driving a DLM. Doing double duty DLM/Modified at Fairbury this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    He won the 10k at Brushcreek a couple weeks ago. Kid is good. Ready to watch him at FALS
    I did not know that. In victory lane they stated something to the effect of it being his first 10k win or maybe it was "his biggest win" and I just misunderstood. Thanks for the correction.

Dude is FAST in that car.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    This clearly is his breakout season for national recognition as far as driving a DLM. Doing double duty DLM/Modified at Fairbury this weekend.
    I've got a itch he's gonna do well this weekend. He's no stranger at FALS.
    8/13/16