Thread: More Hike...

Default More Hike...

How are the traveling teams getting so much hike in the cars? Are they dropping the shock mounts on the chassis? Removing the underslung bars while doing so? Extended shocks custom built?

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    How are the traveling teams getting so much hike in the cars? Are they dropping the shock mounts on the chassis? Removing the underslung bars while doing so? Extended shocks custom built?
    Keep in mind, you are penalized on the droop rule if you don't have an underslung rail. If the rail is closer to the center of the rear, it will allow more travel on the race track.

There are 10" shocks out there. I have no idea how widespread the usage is. There are definitely people moving the front shock mount, and that is the one where you usually run out of travel first.

Beyond that, there are a ton of tricks going on. Some of these guys have way more hike than they had before the droop rule was instituted. They are so far ahead of the rule makers that it's a comedy.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Keep in mind, you are penalized on the droop rule if you don't have an underslung rail. If the rail is closer to the center of the rear, it will allow more travel on the race track.

There are 10" shocks out there. I have no idea how widespread the usage is. There are definitely people moving the front shock mount, and that is the one where you usually run out of travel first.

Beyond that, there are a ton of tricks going on. Some of these guys have way more hike than they had before the droop rule was instituted. They are so far ahead of the rule makers that it's a comedy.
    since the rule everyone has been working hard at it, like masters has said its laughable now, and most of the reason cars are flipping isn't the lr, its what they are doing on the rr

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    since the rule everyone has been working hard at it, like masters has said its laughable now, and most of the reason cars are flipping isn't the lr, its what they are doing on the rr
    Yep. It's never been about the lr, aside from it's easier to get a nose under the car and roll it in a contact situation

Shining a bright light on the hike has made people realize even more there must be something to gain. For that reason, they concentrated even more on it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I wouldn't say the LR has "nothing" to do with flipping. I mean the the higher the mass of the car is in the rear, the easier it is for the RR to bite and pole vault the car. And just like was discussed in the body rule "Twisted Sister" thread, if the decking is being pushed further to the right, then the effect would be moving max droop/Lift height to the right as well, which would allow the actual chassis to be higher in turn, thus a higher elevated Mass. Which IMHO would be more prone to tipping in the event of a disturbance at the RR.
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Every View Post
    I wouldn't say the LR has "nothing" to do with flipping. I mean the the higher the mass of the car is in the rear, the easier it is for the RR to bite and pole vault the car. And just like was discussed in the body rule "Twisted Sister" thread, if the decking is being pushed further to the right, then the effect would be moving max droop/Lift height to the right as well, which would allow the actual chassis to be higher in turn, thus a higher elevated Mass. Which IMHO would be more prone to tipping in the event of a disturbance at the RR.
    Sure, it's something, but raising the lr another 2" is pretty minor in the change of the height of the cars' CG. It's not like the CG is near the lr nor are all the corners necessarily raising. Getting a bunch of weight on the right side is why it rolls.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Every View Post
    Recent flips I've seen were from the RR coming off the car. Not sure if hubs or wheels failing? These guys are throwing it in the corner like winged sprint cars. Something's gotta give.