Default Regional Series Championship

With the talk of the Hell Tour becoming a weekly series, it got me thinking about an idea I had years ago. I've always thought it would be cool if all of the various reginal series got together and had their top 3 drivers qualify for a race competing against each other. For example, the top 3 drivers in MARS, Southern Nationals, MLRA, Comp Cams, Iron Man, Ultimate SE, Carolina Clash etc got together and co-sanctioned a year end finale where they all competed at big year end race.

The main reason this appeals to me is that I'd like to see guys from each region that wouldn't often race against each other go toe to toe. And if you had 3 guys from each series qualify for the race and it had a good payout...say like 25k or more, then you might get more drivers sticking to a regional tour for a chance to qualify. I know most regional series have a hard time getting more than 2 or 3 drivers compete for a full season, so it might help gain more interest to run the full season.

From a fan's perspective, it would give bragging rights to the region that wins and maybe give us something to argue about other than which chassis brand is the best. What do you guys think of the idea?

There was an event similar to this back about 20 years ago, when O'Reilly auto parts was title sponsor on most of the regional LM series in the Midwest and mid-south (MLRA, MARS, SUPR, NCRA, and maybe TORA). Heartland Park in KS built a temporary dirt track on the drag strip and had an alphabet soup event for the LMs. Don't know if it was invitation only, but all the O'Reilly sponsored series were represented.

isn't this pretty much happening in most "crown jewel" (like the world 100) gatherings?

Quote Originally Posted by wreck View Post
    There was an event similar to this back about 20 years ago, when O'Reilly auto parts was title sponsor on most of the regional LM series in the Midwest and mid-south (MLRA, MARS, SUPR, NCRA, and maybe TORA). Heartland Park in KS built a temporary dirt track on the drag strip and had an alphabet soup event for the LMs. Don't know if it was invitation only, but all the O'Reilly sponsored series were represented.
    It was not invitation, just a points race for each series. Reason I remember this race very well was I was on the for the pole in the A and then proceeded to mess the car up so bad for the feature that I think just about every car passed me by the end, lol.

Kosiski's sort of continued the deal at I-80 with an alphabet race for a number of years (maybe close to 10 years) which basically turned into the sliver dollar nations.

I should also add reason this was more possible back then was:

1 O'Reilly's was the sponsor for every series included so they were pushing for this to happen.
    2. All those series were on the same tire at the time (all 4 tires where a WRS-55 except SUPR had an optional soft tire they could use D-11).
    3. Rules where very uniform at the time. We ran pretty much all of them and never had to change the cars besides maybe a weight vs engine size.

With everyone using the new 4 tires it could be just a viable now without buying tires you would never use again.

What track would they run at nowadays to keep one region from having an advantage over the other by competing on said track on a regular basis. Maybe a 2-3 day series at 2-3 different tracks.

That might not be a bad idea. But tire rules and droop rules might play a factor in getting them together.

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    It was not invitation, just a points race for each series. Reason I remember this race very well was I was on the for the pole in the A and then proceeded to mess the car up so bad for the feature that I think just about every car passed me by the end, lol.

Kosiski's sort of continued the deal at I-80 with an alphabet race for a number of years (maybe close to 10 years) which basically turned into the sliver dollar nations.
    The Soup went on in the pre-Kosiski I-80 era from the beginning of the WDRL in 2002 after the fall of the NASCAR Tour to becoming the 2nd LOLMDS date after the Show-Me. It was around Memorial Day weekend. It then did move to June in its later years as a prep event for the SDN.
    Last edited by slideiton; 05-08-2023 at 01:35 PM.