Default Brandon Sheppard Rolls to Second-Straight Victory; Illinois Speedweek Next

Brandon Sheppard banked his second win in as many events with a $5,000 World of Outlaws (WoO) CASE Late Model Series triumph on Thursday night in his Valvoline / TrueTimber No. B5 WYLD GEAR / Riggs Drilling Solutions / Bilstein / Longhorn Chassis / Cornett Racing Engine Super Late Model.

Sheppard’s second win of the year was registered on Thursday night at Mississippi Thunder Speedway.

“Everything’s new for me this year,” Sheppard said. “My crew is different. The cars. The shocks. The motors. Everything involved with the whole team is different. We’re having a lot of fun, and I’m enjoying everything we’re doing.

“This coming week is a big one for us because we get four great paying shows close to home. I won the Illinois Speedweek title last year, and I’m looking forward to making a run at a second one this week.”

Less than a week after picking up his first win of the 2023 campaign, Brandon Sheppard returned to the driver’s seat of his Sheppard Riggs Racing No. B5 Super Late Model on Thursday afternoon at Mississippi Thunder Speedway (Fountain City, Wis.) for the opening round of the World of Outlaws (WoO) Case Late Model Series tripleheader.

Drawing 43 cars to kick off preliminary action for the Dairyland Showdown, Brandon’s qualifying effort placed him on the second row for his 25-lap preliminary feature. Taking advantage of a late-race bad luck for the leader, Sheppard led the final three circuits en route to his second win of the season and a $5,000 payday.

He finished ahead of Stormy Scott, Shannon Babb, Brian Shirley, and Kyle Bronson.

Unfortunately Mother Nature washed away the final two nights of the weekend.

Brandon is fifth in the latest WoO series standings.

Full results from the event are available at www.WorldofOutlaws.com.

The team is now geared up for the second annual Illinois Speedweek. The four-day run opens with a pair of $23,023-to-win Castrol FloRacing Night in America events on Wednesday and Thursday at Spoon River Speedway (Banner, Ill.) and Lincoln (Ill.) Speedway.

Then on Friday and Saturday the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) sanctions the $25,000-to-win Farmer City 74 at Farmer City (Ill.) Raceway and the $30,000-to-win FALS Spring Shootout at Fairbury (Ill.) Speedway.

Full details on the weekend events can be found at www.FloSeries.com and www.LucasDirt.com .

Sheppard Riggs Racing (SRR) would like to thank their marketing partners, which include Valvoline, TrueTimber, Longhorn, Bilstein, WYLD GEAR, Riggs Drilling Solutions, Sheppard Salvage, Denny Woodworth Attorney At Law, Allgaier Performance, Keyser Manufacturing, Aftershock Graphics, Sunoco Race Fuels, Corrigan Race Fuels, SpeedStampz, Veteran Golfers Association, Guse’s Pub & Eatery, Simpson Race Products, Silo USA, FK Rod Ends, Ultra Shield, Stussy Construction / Paulson Rock Products, Gorsuch Performance Solutions, Speedwerx, COAST, Storm Auto, Wilwood Disc Brakes, 34 Raceway, Hoosier by Zoo, Bert by Budda, Accu-Force, Nightowl Designs, Off Axis Paint, and MyRacePass.com PR & Website Services.

For more information and updates on Brandon Sheppard and Sheppard Riggs Racing, please visit www.sheppardracing.com, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok or Twitter.

MEDIA CONTACT:
    Ben Shelton, My Race Pass, ben.shelton@myracepass.com

TEAM CONTACT:
    Justin Cook, Justin Cook Management, justin@jcookmgmt.com
    Last edited by Ben Shelton; 05-08-2023 at 11:26 AM.