Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloomer

Default Bloomer

So is he officially retired?

I havent seen anything about him being retired yet.

No he isn't. New deal coming soon

To the moon, Alice.

He may not be retired, but he’ll never be consistently competitive again.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

And the saga continues. If the rumor about him and mark richards putting something together is true I wouldn't count him out yet. Coming soon has been thrown out there and it surprises me it has been kept under the radar as long as it has.

fox knows...

Josh, i agree but who is consistently competitive now?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    And the saga continues. If the rumor about him and mark richards putting something together is true I wouldn't count him out yet. Coming soon has been thrown out there and it surprises me it has been kept under the radar as long as it has.
    If those 2 would have got together 20 years ago they would have dominated the sport. Scott is one of the few who is very good being there at the end of a race and not tearing up his race car. I'm sure Mark would love a driver who didn't tear up the car and still have it on kill mode.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 05-09-2023 at 06:10 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

rocket has been looking a lot better here lately.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    If those 2 would have got together 20 years ago they would have dominated the sport. Scott is one of the few who is very good being there at the end of a race and not tearing up his race car. I'm sure Make would love a driver who didn't tear up the car and still have it on kill mode.
    Probably not. They'd both be late to the track.
    8/13/16

I think it’s largely a waiting game, to see how well he does or does not heal up from back surgery. Either way, his best days on the race track are behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    If those 2 would have got together 20 years ago they would have dominated the sport. Scott is one of the few who is very good being there at the end of a race and not tearing up his race car. I'm sure Mark would love a driver who didn't tear up the car and still have it on kill mode.
    There where many times over the last 20 years when they have dominated the sport.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    There where many times over the last 20 years when they have dominated the sport.
    I was talking about together as a team. Not with separate teams.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Id rather see Shane McDowell and Scott collaborate, revive the chassis business, and make the 17M the house car with all their sponsors getting behind 1 car......and kick some @$$

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    Id rather see Shane McDowell and Scott collaborate, revive the chassis business, and make the 17M the house car with all their sponsors getting behind 1 car......and kick some @$$
    This makes more sense than the Mark Richards theory, which in my view would never have worked. I don't see how Scott needs Mark or Rocket, his cars are still top notch and he knows how to make them go fast. IMHO all he needs is a dependable crew to prep the cars and do the leg work. Lots of businesses have been struggling to get get fully staffed since 20'. He's had a lot of issues come together at once, some external, some self inflicted. The mistake was continuing to try and compete without being fully prepared and just middling. The streak he and Madden got on before the wheels fell off shows the potential of his cars, but he needs to get himself right and i know thats hard in your 50's(me too). In conclusion if Scott can get back 75% health and put together a little funding for next year or the end of 23' and rebuild the team, then I don't see why he cant run the events he wants to and focus on the cars for retirement. Its doable, if he still wants it. Who doesnt love a comeback? JMO
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

Good points Henry. I hope he can make it happen.

Got to have money and a watch to make it happen.

Henry is spot on with his post IMO…..I’m not even sure how both Scott and Marks head would even fit in the same room together.

And I’m a fan of one of em, but just don’t see those two egos playing nice.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Lightbulb

Exactly my point, Barbeque. Most won't remember this but in 00' or 01' Bloomquist and GVS paired up and didnt make it thru speedweeks. He's always been independently minded, I think Barry Wright was the last one he got along with for any time, heck even his time at Warrior was... special and kinda partitioned off from everyone else, even those "Black Magic" cars weren't 100% what he was actually running. That and since Mark copied his frontend and sold it to the public, I just don't see a workable partnership there, from either side. Now Rocket has the "New Deal" anyway, so... IMHO.
    Last edited by Henry Every; 05-11-2023 at 07:53 PM.
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14