Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

all good lurk. im just beeing a smart ass.

96m mike mckinney wins the mod A.

Sometimes you have to call a audible when things go awry. No way should Erb had have to go to the back. Schwally screwed the pooch on that one. Maybe Turbo is right about him.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Sometimes you have to call a audible when things go awry. No way should Erb had have to go to the back. Schwally screwed the pooch on that one. Maybe Turbo is right about him.
    Absolutely. WTF was Lucas thinking? O Neal causes a wreck so Babb and Erb get screwed?

Agreed and to be honest Babb should have never had to start on the tail but, I know rules are rules and have to be followed so, in Babb's case just bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    WTF was Lucas thinking?
    they were thinking mark richards.

rules are rules? lol

Its a standing Lucas rule.......if a driver spins and driver side is facing traffic, its an automatic caution!

1. Erb cant continually run from the bottom to the top every lap,
    2. Oneal was a tad aggressive, he had the run on Erb going into the corner. From the camera view, it looked like Erb didnt give him any room.
    3. Im not a particular fan of either!

The whole deal reminded me of about 10 years ago or so when Tyler Erb blasted Ryan Unzicker. Same track, same corner. Just not as many bowling pins around at the time.
    8/13/16

would lucas have sent hudson to the back? i dont think they would have.

haven't read them rules but where does it say you "can't" run a continues line?

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    1. Erb cant continually run from the bottom to the top every lap
    It's understandably difficult to accept Erbs driving style when he's holding up your favorite racer but you can't really be serious.
    If you're leading a race, you don't have to leave a lane for anybody. That's the luxury of being the leader.
    8/13/16

It's understandably difficult to accept Erbs driving style when he's holding up your favorite racer but you can't really be serious.
    If you're leading a race, you don't have to leave a lane for anybody. That's the luxury of being the leader.
    Dennis has ran that line FOREVER.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Its a standing Lucas rule.......if a driver spins and driver side is facing traffic, its an automatic caution!

2. Oneal was a tad aggressive, he had the run on Erb going into the corner. From the camera view, it looked like Erb didnt give him any room.
    3. Im not a particular fan of either!
    I’m with you. If you’re running the blocker line, you gotta expect aggressive moves by faster cars. Just watched the vid and they were side by side going into the corner and IMO, Dennis was late on his trying to get back to the bottom move. Mind you, this was AFTER making a car with a topside momentum run change lanes midway down the front straightaway.
    Not a big fan of either but I just don’t see this incident being all on the #1 car.
    The guy that got screwed was Shannon.

Very well said and true.

Its funny(curious), in much the same way how when drivers use to go to CBR(Clint Bowyer Racing) they'd almost always have a drop in performance and/or consistency. The only exception was Don Oneal winning the Lucas title while Barry Wright was keeping up the cars. JD was fast before and after CBR, Babb was better before and after, Francis, etc. Now it seems whoever gets in the Rocket1 gets a heavy does of aggression and overly bold moves, even driving over their heads at times it seems. Hudson before, at least what I got to see, was a fast and talented driver but seemed more discerning in his decisions behind the wheel than he is now in the Rocket1. I couldn't stand Josh when he drove that car and struggled to enjoy seeing BShep drive it because of much the same instances of dive bombing, cutting across noses on starts, using slide and park maneuvers to break others momentum because they weren't fast enough. Maybe I'm wrong to think this way but I always thought a "housecar" was more for developing the cars and fine tuning the product and winning was a byproduct of that, but with the Rocket1 team they seem to be their to win at all cost, even if it means pi$$ing off their customers. I dunno, from my POV it just seems the Rocket1 drivers become different racers once they sit in the seat, I don't know if its pressure to perform or explicit instructions on what is expected of them. My 2 cents. Away from Rocket1, and CBR for that matter, I've liked all these drivers but right now I expect to see Hudson pound the wall while leading or drive over his head... The FALS incident with Erb is hard to judge from the angle I saw it, but I wasn't surprised either.
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

I think both drivers were a little too aggressive trying to get to the same spot on the race track. Erb probably should’ve let up and given him the line, but on the flip side O’Neal got to the bottom pretty late entering the corner. In the end, the racing gods decides both drivers were at fault.

Huddie was just carrying on a family tradition last night.

I’ve come to realize the blinders come on depending on who’s involved. A few weeks ago at 411, Ricky Weiss ran this same line that Dennis did and everyone blamed Ricky for contact with others. Now that Dennis and rocket1 are involved people see it differently. It’s obvious fans just pick sides of which driver they like the most.

You can’t drive from the bottom all the way to the wall and expect no contact on cars holding their line, especially when they have runs on you. I like both guys.

Last nights race reminded me of when Jd won the pdc after banking off of Erb. You cannot take the whole track and not expect something to happen.

It's understandably difficult to accept Erbs driving style when he's holding up your favorite racer but you can't really be serious. If you're leading a race, you don't have to leave a lane for anybody. That's the luxury of being the leader.
    Only problem with that is erb runs that line weather he's the leader or not.

Erb may run a wide line when he’s in the lead, but who did Erb run over or through to get to the lead? He didn’t start on the front row. He touched no one. Hudson doesn’t have to worry about fixing crap, and two contenders were knocked out for his impatience.