Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HTFSDS @ The Mag

Track has been rough as hell. Been at least an hour since SLM been on the track. Tractor, local cars, tractor, more local cars, tractor...you get the picture.

Gettin serious now. Have the grader out cutting it down.

not a good start for the htf fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Black F View Post
    Track said they would run the SLM before their local stuff. Ran bunch of local heats & B main for mods which chewed the hell out of the track. Been scraping it for 40ish minutes. I'm going to bed. Catch it on their regular YT channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Black F View Post
    none of that is joiners fault is the bad part. Mag hasnt been any good in many years, either a corn field or a freight train over there

defiantly not placing blame on the htf crew! these guys make things happen. great bunch of fellas. talked with Jonathan and Jessie at falls last year, interesting young gentleman. i see nothing but success in whatever thay get involved in. not many young folks will put in the work thay have and will for many years to come is what i see.

Don't blame the track. The track tried to call it off Wedn because of all the rain. HTF leased the track and made the call to race.

I can't understand why these teams can't make setup adjustments for rough conditions, I mean they had loads of time with all the track prep and still they all try running nose down in the clods bouncing around on bump stops. Makes no sense.
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    Don't blame the track. The track tried to call it off Wedn because of all the rain. HTF leased the track and made the call to race.
    You may want to get your facts straight, HTF did not lease the track. Ownership could have cancelled but the track & both series (HTF & MCSSC) decided push ahead. But never allow the facts to get in the way of a good story correct?
    "You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the industrious out of it. You don't multiply wealth by dividing it. Government cannot give anything to anybody that it doesn't first take from somebody else." - Adrian Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Every View Post
    I can't understand why these teams can't make setup adjustments for rough conditions, I mean they had loads of time with all the track prep and still they all try running nose down in the clods bouncing around on bump stops. Makes no sense.
    Yes when it's rough the cars need raised up off the ground a bit including the RF. Softer suspension so they don't bounce and act like it's a cornfield in the turns. lol

These guys know changes need to be made, maybe they are counting on the track coming to them instead of the other way around.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    it was like that when they ran the golden egg as well both nights

Is the Columbus speedway still open?

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Yes when it's rough the cars need raised up off the ground a bit including the RF. Softer suspension so they don't bounce and act like it's a cornfield in the turns. lol

These guys know changes need to be made, maybe they are counting on the track coming to them instead of the other way around.
    This the stuff that makes my junk perk up. I'd like to hear some specifics/comparisons of "while we would normally run xxx top/tender spring, xxx mainspring with xxx bump rubber on RF and for these conditions..."

I see some REALLY smart guys here that basically refuse to let out any real info. OPEN THAT PURSE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brainbucket View Post
    You may want to get your facts straight, HTF did not lease the track. Ownership could have cancelled but the track & both series (HTF & MCSSC) decided push ahead. But never allow the facts to get in the way of a good story correct?
    Was you in the pits at the Mag bb ? Johnny Stokes tried to cancel or postpone the whole thing after it come a flood Thursday & Friday. Joiner was hellbent to storm ahead with the Saturday show and his decision resulted in a more than typical Magnolia sh!tshow. 99 knows what he’s talking about and Riddle is correct Mag’s been p!ss poor for years now.

Cool

The very first thing 99 said was the track was leased, which is 100% not true. Had the series leased the track there most certainly would not have been 6 support classes. With that, Johnny could have pulled the plug at anytime.

And when & where did this discussion you say happened about cancelling between Joshua and Johnny. Did you actually heat this first hand or are you going off hearsay? I am going to say no because this so-called discussion never happened. Johnny put in a ton of work Saturday cutting the track up attempting to dry it out. Everyone involved expected the track to be heavy but no one expected it to get as rough as it did.

It obvious you have something personal against Magnolia by the last comment you made. If you want to go straight to Joshua and discuss the facts of the weekend, i will be happy to put you in contact with him.
    "You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the industrious out of it. You don't multiply wealth by dividing it. Government cannot give anything to anybody that it doesn't first take from somebody else." - Adrian Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by brainbucket View Post
    The very first thing 99 said was the track was leased, which is 100% not true. Had the series leased the track there most certainly would not have been 6 support classes. With that, Johnny could have pulled the plug at anytime.

And when & where did this discussion you say happened about cancelling between Joshua and Johnny. Did you actually heat this first hand or are you going off hearsay? I am going to say no because this so-called discussion never happened. Johnny put in a ton of work Saturday cutting the track up attempting to dry it out. Everyone involved expected the track to be heavy but no one expected it to get as rough as it did.

It obvious you have something personal against Magnolia by the last comment you made. If you want to go straight to Joshua and discuss the facts of the weekend, i will be happy to put you in contact with him.
    Brain, No I didn’t hear the conversation personally but was told by a driver and his crew so it was the “hearsay” was my knowing about it. That being said it was being talked by numerous folks in the pit area so something was said between Johnny & Joseph concerning going forward with the event. I’ve got several contacts that can get me Joseph’s number if needed but I’ll see him before long. It’s actually no big deal they got their event in though not under ideal conditions they had to play the hand they was dealt. I have nothing personal against Magnolia it’s my home track it’s just the racing has not been up to par over the last 3-4 years as it was in previous years Johnny works his @ss off on that place and it seems like Mother Nature has got his number because he’s either dealing with too much rain or drought conditions. I wish the staff at Magnolia and the HTF series nothing but the best no ill will on my part toward any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    This the stuff that makes my junk perk up. I'd like to hear some specifics/comparisons of "while we would normally run xxx top/tender spring, xxx mainspring with xxx bump rubber on RF and for these conditions..."

I see some REALLY smart guys here that basically refuse to let out any real info. OPEN THAT PURSE!!!
    The people here that have real knowledge have absolutely no incentive to give out something for free. Many help more than they probably should.

Now that said, "raise it up and soften the springs" is no way to attack a rough track.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

My mistake MASTERS, I meant stiffer springs on a rough track and softer is for a smooth track. I see I typed in softer springs by mistake. Obviously the car would bottom out and the RF would fold under the cushion in the turns with a soft suspension. The car would be off the ground often also. My mistake.

You know more than I do about race cars but I do know more than the average fan. I had a very sucessful RC late model, but that's not the same as full size race cars.

Since we are on the subject though IYO are the shocks more important or the springs or both equally on a rough track And should the return/rebound of either or both be stiffer on a rough track, than on a smooth track? IMO yes.

Actually there are so many things that affect how a car runs on any surface, such as tire hardness and tread design.

I'm no setup guru since I sure have no purpose to be, but I have always been interested in LM setups. And I've heard some strange concepts that wound work on one dirt track but not on most any other.

I know one guy that used a slick inside rear tire to reduce traction which would cut down on the cars push going into the turns. Basically loosening the car.

I think it would be quite interesting to sit with you at a track some night. That's is if you are not in the pits or on the track.

I'm not quite the dummy you may think. Maybe worse. hahaha not.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 05-17-2023 at 03:03 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    My mistake MASTERS, I meant stiffer springs on a rough track and softer is for a smooth track. I see I typed in softer springs by mistake. Obviously the car would bottom out and the RF would fold under the cushion in the turns with a soft suspension. The car would be off the ground often also. My mistake.

You know more than I do about race cars but I do know more than the average fan. I had a very sucessful RC late model, but that's not the same as full size race cars.

Since we are on the subject though IYO are the shocks more important or the springs or both equally on a rough track And should the return/rebound of either or both be stiffer on a rough track, than on a smooth track? IMO yes.

Actually there are so many things that affect how a car runs on any surface, such as tire hardness and tread design.

I'm no setup guru since I sure have no purpose to be, but I have always been interested in LM setups. And I've heard some strange concepts that wound work on one dirt track but not on most any other.

I know one guy that used a slick inside rear tire to reduce traction which would cut down on the cars push going into the turns. Basically loosening the car.

I think it would be quite interesting to sit with you at a track some night. That's is if you are not in the pits or on the track.

I'm not quite the dummy you may think. Maybe worse. hahaha not.
    If you want to easily handle an extremely rough track, there has to be some compliance left in the suspension at all times on all corners. You can't be deep in a bump stop or have a limit chain with 1200# of tension in it. That means you need stiffer springs and much less rear hike. The problem is, you will be giving up a lot of downforce. Once the track is anything less than complete hammer down, that will put you at a disadvantage. That's why everyone puts their mouthpiece in and hangs on, or they load up and go home.

I'd say springs and geometry are most important, but the shock has to be not over damped which will pull tires off the ground, or under damped where the thing rebounds too hard.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 05-17-2023 at 03:15 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Cool

One Man Gang

This whole fake story about Johnny wanting to cancel but Joshua pushing to keep the event going has been making the rounds of social media, YouTube, here, etc. No offense to you, 99 or the driver & crew you heard it from. I’m only trying to put out the truth and clear up the wrong information.