Thumbs up Farmer City personal notes....

05.16.2023 Just a few random thoughts from Farmer City Raceway.

Having an old friend stop you and tell you about your sons actions Friday night after the rains tell a lot about the respect and maturity some people have for each other. It does this old man's heart good. Thank you!

So happy everyone got it together and brought the Lucas Oil group to town. This was not only their first visit to Farmer City, but my first time at one of their races. I was very impressed with all I saw. A lot more professional than that other group.

Very happy to run into old friends that I had not seen in 20+years, and the first thing is a big smile and them saying that the world is right, Farmer City Friday night races and Racenut in the house. Very nice indeed that you all took a few minutes to reminisce with me.

The track crew and everyone involved, the track was in great shape both nights. Modified show was great with Mikey Ledford coming from 16th to passing for the lead when motor overheated. LOT of geat passing going on all night long. Then Brandon Sheppard coming from 14th to win in the late models, stealing Gordy Gundaker's clean sweep of the show. The track was in great condition and the racing was excellent.

Speaking of Brandon Sheppard, 3rd generation racer who currently holds the track record, he has almost done it all at Farmer City. BShepp as he is known has also won in weekly UMP racing, UMP Summernationals, World of Outlaw Illini 100, MARS Racing, Northern All Stars. Now add in the Lucas Race. The only current race he has not won is the Kimler Memorial in July. Maybe when he gets older and slows down on the traveling, he will come back on a regular basis and try for the track championship.

So nice to see and talk to old friends, I know I will miss a few, but here goes: My son Darin Stewart, Spare Darren, Teri Emmerson, Carlos Burton, Pee Wee Schmitz, Kyle Taylor, Brian Franklin, Lonnie Franklin Jr, The one and only Foz (Fran (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)), Paul Davis and family, Larry Bontz, Marcia and Jeff Mckay, Becky Haller, Tom Casey, Tracy Feger, David Holtz, Tami and Lance Spieker, DeeDee Quinn, Jim Quinn, James Essex, Michael Rigsby, Patrick Davis, Ben Shelton, Kevin Weaver, D-Suave, Pam and Jeff Leka, KGundaker, that unknown 'substitute' driver from Friday night, Aaron Peddycoart, Jimmy Owens, Roben Huffman, Bollinger's crew, Tex Morton, Troy Fulks, Paula and Jack Swearingen and Scott Lowery, and sorry if I missed anyone....not on purpose.

Also noted that FloRacing and or Dirt on Dirt did a thing about the Bad Boyz from Illinois. Of the 26 starters, 8 were from IL with huge racing resumes. True, last three place finishers are from IL, but also the big winner and third place as well.
    Racenut Rambles on Facebook

Default Remember you

Quote Originally Posted by racenut View Post
    05.16.2023 Just a few random thoughts from Farmer City Raceway.

Having an old friend stop you and tell you about your sons actions Friday night after the rains tell a lot about the respect and maturity some people have for each other. It does this old man's heart good. Thank you!

So happy everyone got it together and brought the Lucas Oil group to town. This was not only their first visit to Farmer City, but my first time at one of their races. I was very impressed with all I saw. A lot more professional than that other group.

Very happy to run into old friends that I had not seen in 20+years, and the first thing is a big smile and them saying that the world is right, Farmer City Friday night races and Racenut in the house. Very nice indeed that you all took a few minutes to reminisce with me.

The track crew and everyone involved, the track was in great shape both nights. Modified show was great with Mikey Ledford coming from 16th to passing for the lead when motor overheated. LOT of geat passing going on all night long. Then Brandon Sheppard coming from 14th to win in the late models, stealing Gordy Gundaker's clean sweep of the show. The track was in great condition and the racing was excellent.

Speaking of Brandon Sheppard, 3rd generation racer who currently holds the track record, he has almost done it all at Farmer City. BShepp as he is known has also won in weekly UMP racing, UMP Summernationals, World of Outlaw Illini 100, MARS Racing, Northern All Stars. Now add in the Lucas Race. The only current race he has not won is the Kimler Memorial in July. Maybe when he gets older and slows down on the traveling, he will come back on a regular basis and try for the track championship.

So nice to see and talk to old friends, I know I will miss a few, but here goes: My son Darin Stewart, Spare Darren, Teri Emmerson, Carlos Burton, Pee Wee Schmitz, Kyle Taylor, Brian Franklin, Lonnie Franklin Jr, The one and only Foz (Fran (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)), Paul Davis and family, Larry Bontz, Marcia and Jeff Mckay, Becky Haller, Tom Casey, Tracy Feger, David Holtz, Tami and Lance Spieker, DeeDee Quinn, Jim Quinn, James Essex, Michael Rigsby, Patrick Davis, Ben Shelton, Kevin Weaver, D-Suave, Pam and Jeff Leka, KGundaker, that unknown 'substitute' driver from Friday night, Aaron Peddycoart, Jimmy Owens, Roben Huffman, Bollinger's crew, Tex Morton, Troy Fulks, Paula and Jack Swearingen and Scott Lowery, and sorry if I missed anyone....not on purpose.

Also noted that FloRacing and or Dirt on Dirt did a thing about the Bad Boyz from Illinois. Of the 26 starters, 8 were from IL with huge racing resumes. True, last three place finishers are from IL, but also the big winner and third place as well.
    Been awhile, but seeing back then,reminds me of myself 🏁

always enjoy reading about good trips to a track. good stuff racenut.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard