Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    if anyone believes there isn't already radio communication being used..they are naive. In my opinion, thats whats happening now more than signal sticks.
    Oh no doubt. I absolutely believe it is already happening. There's almost no way to police it unless you inspected guys helmets, patted them down, and inspected every inch of the driver seat area before a race. Even then, there would be ways.

Still though, I'm for the ban of sticks as they really are a distraction. It gets a bit ridiculous seeing 24 different pairs of sticks along the wall of the track during the A main. The release even clearly states that hand signals will be allowed.

Default can you hear me know

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    if anyone believes there isn't already radio communication being used..they are naive. In my opinion, thats whats happening now more than signal sticks.
    agree. but Eldora is a different animal, or at least it used to be, if they are trying to use a cellphone communication.
    service has gotten better there but when I ran selected shows there in my modified, service was so spotty could not stay connected down in that hole. but that was 10 years ago or more, and there was no cell tower there then.
    the big boys are probably using some sort of racing radio, or even another raceceiver on another channel instead of the default which most use (454). All you would have to have is the transmitter, say a Motorola Mag-one analog radio/walkie talkie matched to same channel as raceceiver!!!!
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

im not sure why motocross boards never caught on in circle track. banning colored pvc pipes is gonna make things worse because the teams will find a more expensive way around it IMO

It's pretty obvious that a lot of these guys are running radios of some kind.

Anyone else think the racing was positively affected by crews not having sticks? I enjoyed, for the most part, that there was A LOT less blocking from signals being more difficult to do. In the DoD Saturday recap Ziegler said "we're not giving signal anymore, you gotta search and search, you dont really know where to be on the race track." To me thats a positive change that forces drivers to fend for themselves and move around on the track. And if someone finds something, they get a momentary advantage.

I was at kokomo and watched a well known chassis builder doing a lot of texting during the feature but he was receiving no replies. I could see his phone that well just couldn't read his texts. Hmmmmmm, Take that for what it is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by z40chief View Post
    I was at kokomo and watched a well known chassis builder doing a lot of texting during the feature but he was receiving no replies. I could see his phone that well just couldn't read his texts. Hmmmmmm, Take that for what it is worth.
    supposedly before the dream they checked for smart watches

They use there cell phones to change setups. Can adjust shocks also with phone. Been doing it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    supposedly before the dream they checked for smart watches
    Also gave them different raceivers than what they had all weekend.