Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No Stick Signals at The Dream

Thank you Tony Stewart! Every series needs to adopt this.

https://www.eldoraspeedway.com/2023/...ibextid=Zxz2cZ

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    Thank you Tony Stewart! Every series needs to adopt this.

https://www.eldoraspeedway.com/2023/...ibextid=Zxz2cZ

All series need to adopt this rule. A lot of races get ruined by crew guys using stick signals.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

get rid of all signaling..no bright colored gloves, no lights, no nothing.

It's impossible to 100% eliminate, but it's obvious watching the Lucas and Flo races the last few weeks that the large sticks being used make it VERY easy to communicate and move the line of your car under green. Reduce the size of what's being used to communicate is a start if they have to go back to hand signals at speed.

Bob Pierce is securing a front row grandstand seat as we speak.
    8/13/16

Does any of this matter since they have a giant screen you can look at going down the front straightaway.

Quote Originally Posted by reid boys View Post
    Does any of this matter since they have a giant screen you can look at going down the front straightaway.
    Thinking the same exact thing, lol…..the drivers all talked about how they looked at the old one so much to see where they were.
    This new one they can see from space.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I don't know but, I thought racing was a team sport. No?

The outlaws implemented this last year. If they don't ban the reflective gloves, basically nothing will change. It should've been taken out a long time ago imo. Late models and modifieds are the only forms dirt racing that have crew guys doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by reid boys View Post
    Our driver always said you can't really see the board from inside the car until you get to the flag stand. Even at that point he said it was only visible for a second, if that.

I did see they put a new board up. It looks to be in the same location though.

It might not make that much difference I remember the year Doug kenimer won by a large margin and a guy ask.hom why he didn't back off and he said you can't up.here you have tp.put in the corner the same every lap of course that has been a fee years ago

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    Just stupid. So how do they plan to stop someone from standing there holding up their arms to signal to their driver? Maybe the track should ban everyone from the track during the race. The drivers, flagman and one wrecker driver the only ones allowed within 500 yards during the race. No fans in the stands and all the crews must leave 30 minutes before the feature starts.
    Do I detect a little bit of sarcasm there sir? I like it!!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Now that so many teams are spending so much money anyway, maybe they should just let them go back to radios again. I think that it would be better as far as safety is concerned so that the driver don't have to take his eyes off the track. Of course I'm the first to admit that in NASKY the spotters control the actions of the cars more than the driver anymore though. . .

Do stick signals cause more wrecks than just being completely blind to what's behind you?

Banning the lighted sticks is a good idea. Watching from the infield at a prominent race years ago. There was a guy standing just inside the guardrail coming out of turn 4. Man had a pr of white gloves and a white hat on, for where he was standing for the life of me I couldn't figure this dude out.

At the start of the race every time the cars were coming thru 3 and 4 he would turn around bend over and pat his backside. We just about lost it watching this dude. As the race went on, his positions included standing with his back to the cars, facing the cars with a right or left hand on his head and facing the cars with his white gloves covering his face.

This dude was a show within the race, again he was maybe 4 or 5 ft from use. As the race ended my buddy asked him what was the bending over and the other actions about. Can you guess it ?

Patting his backside bent over meant someone was right on his tail
    Standing back to the track he was telling his driver no one close
    Facing with a hand on his head was for were he should be running, hi or low
    And if he covered his face he said it was to tell the driver to get his head out of a**

We laughed like heck, never did find out who he was signaling to, but the guy was a show.

So you can decide, will it stop guys from signaling? I really doubt it.

Years back, I remember seeing Bloomer's guys going to the outside of the back straight near the tunnel and showing him lap times on a large board. Made sense so he could see if a change in his line helped, but then it went away. I never saw what the issue was, nor bothered to read a rule book to see why it was banned (assuming it was).

I think the radio idea would be too complicated. You can't do away with the raceceiver, so you'd need a device that can have two channels...then guys would be wiring in traction control or something. I race by myself 99% of the time, so signalling has never even been a consideration for me.

I starting using my cell phone years ago... first it was texts under caution from crew guy. Then it was raceciever in 1 ear and headphone connected to cell phone in the other. He would call me under the pace laps before race, i would answer and he would talk to me if need be during race.
    There is a way around everything!!!!
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

When my crew first bought the 'lightsabers' I would look over and it looked like a scene from Star Wars! They would change colors, flash them around, etc.; I had to explain to them that you have to actually tell the driver what the signals are BEFORE the race....Crew looks like they were in the cantina scene as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    Years back, I remember seeing Bloomer's guys going to the outside of the back straight near the tunnel and showing him lap times on a large board. Made sense so he could see if a change in his line helped, but then it went away. I never saw what the issue was, nor bothered to read a rule book to see why it was banned (assuming it was).

I think the radio idea would be too complicated. You can't do away with the raceceiver, so you'd need a device that can have two channels...then guys would be wiring in traction control or something. I race by myself 99% of the time, so signalling has never even been a consideration for me.
    Raceceivers have a built in splitter. On asphalt I hook my radio through the raceceiver and here both my spotter and raceceiver guy in my helmet just fine.

Cellphone work around could EASILY be done this day and age with bluetooth tech.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    Raceceivers have a built in splitter. On asphalt I hook my radio through the raceceiver and here both my spotter and raceceiver guy in my helmet just fine. Cellphone work around could EASILY be done this day and age with bluetooth tech.
    if anyone believes there isn't already radio communication being used..they are naive. In my opinion, thats whats happening now more than signal sticks.