Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I usually hit all the regional shows at Tyler County and sometimes Ohio Valley. The ULMS series brought some cars I'm not used to seeing down this way just a couple weeks ago. If I know there will 20-25 cars with some regional heavy hitters in attendance, I'm usually there. I almost prefer those events over the national events sometimes.

The biggest factor for me is an efficiently run show with minimal classes. Being located in central Illinois, obviously the SN are the biggest regional series but I do attend some MARS as well. I used to religiously attend SN races at FALS, Farmer City, Macon, Spoon, Lincoln, and Pevely. Macon ruined it a few years ago with the marathon Bmod feature. I’ll give it a few shows under new mgt before I think about going back. Farmer City is Farmer City. It is a rare occasion that I would attend a show there anymore. They just dont get it. You never get out of there before 1:00am. Pevely always runs late and they have had horrible weather luck lately so I haven’t been in a few years. FALS and Lincoln almost always run an efficient show. I will attend the Spoon SN if I can get out of work on time to make the drive.

Not sure a lot of Promotors throughout the country get it with their "Backgate Mentality" Today's modern day dirt track race fan does not want to be held hostage with 5 or 6 hour shows anymore. Even us hardcore fans have changed our thinking as we grow older. No National or Regional show should have anymore than the main attraction, plus no more than two support divisions. I think most of us would be willing to pay a few bucks more if the Promotors would be willing to give it a try. Tracks attract "out of town" fans for the bigger shows. Hold your FIVE, SIX, SEVEN, or even EIGHT class shows on a weekly basis, but trim down the divisions for a Special show. I have to be honest, it is tough for me to watch some of these races on Flo and Dirtvision from the comfort of my living room. I refuse to go to a Regional show if it has a ton of support classes. I am sure I am not alone in my thinking?

backgate shows(too many classes and so few cars in each class) is 1 reason i go to so few live shows anymore. the other reasons are poor track prep, sitting on hard bleachers for 40+ years has destroyed my tailbone, & the fact of being able to watch in more comfort than ever before. i was a long time holdout against streaming, but my wife & i are total converts to it now. I have XR+, Flo, & DV & they keep me home most nights now to watch multiple races at the same time. Do i miss watching my favorite driver at the track ? yes but not enough to go back to the old days. There is a track in northern missouri that usually runs 7-9 classes weekly with none getting more than 20 cars. this is a backgate track and i refuse to go there ever now. I want to watch full fields and no more than 3 classes. On the other hand i also have no desire to got to IMCA Super Nationals & watch 700+ cars for a week either. At this point in my life i want to watch the best, not the rest. thats just me and i get why friends of mine are still doing what i used to do. As you age you let go the less important things i guess.

I totally agree with everybody on here there are about 3 or 4 tracks close enough for me to go to they all run 8 9 classes or more and very seldom do they cut out any classses they will run a big race and then 8 or 9 classes on top of it you know the track is wore out.