Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lucas Oil Speedway

Night 1 of the show me , excellent car count, track slicked off way to early, and we're are the fans ? When they pan the place with the camera it almost looks like you can count the number of people. The facility is top notch, but because of the racing it sure seems to have lost it's prominent place among dirt tracks.

Fans aren't typically going to the first night or two of a three-night show. Some people only have so much money to spend to see racing.

The crowds will grow. One issue is the location. It's a nice facility but it's in the middle of nowhere, it's a long ways from major metro areas. I'm not trying to stir debate here but if anyone has a business they should keep it politically neutral.

Lucas Oil Speedway is a serious haul for most late model racers and fans, and has a reputation of producing crappy racing. That always makes for an iffy crowd.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I’d like to see them team up with the drag boat lake and run the boats during the day and the show me at night during this weekend……that would make for a heck of a racing trip.

Anybody that’s never been to a live drag boat race should check it out at least once.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

" I'm not trying to stir debate here but if anyone has a business they should keep it politically neutral. "

Do tell. I've never heard this before and Lucas has the race track outside of Indy, plus the stadium, and many other ventures and venues. You've peaked my curiosity.

I always wanted to go to the track in Missouri and when my son was stationed at Whiteman AFB I thought I might have a chance but it was short stint and didn't work out. After watching some of the races on Flo, I'm kinda glad I passed it up. It is a beautiful place but doesn't produce the best racing.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

I have been going to Wheatland for years, fantastic place, big pond for people to fish, close to Ozarks. Saturday night is a huge crowd, place is jam packed. It seems most every year excessive rain, severe weather threat, tornados has played been an issue with the racing surface and campground conditions. It was 10 hour drive for me, no regrets.

I would like to go once and not for the racing because, it's usually not that good but, to see the facility itself

From watching on TV, it looks like the walls are on the backside of the banking, and not at the top? I would think if the walls were on top of the banking, a cushion would actually form, instead of just roosting all the dirt over the edge. The top lane or two looks pretty flat on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Patansplant View Post
    I'm not trying to stir debate here but if anyone has a business they should keep it politically neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    " I'm not trying to stir debate here but if anyone has a business they should keep it politically neutral. "

Do tell. I've never heard this before and Lucas has the race track outside of Indy, plus the stadium, and many other ventures and venues. You've peaked my curiosity.
    Yes, do tell.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I would like to go once and not for the racing because, it's usually not that good but, to see the facility itself
    Count me in when you go. From what I’ve seen on TV, sprints and midgets race well. Better than DLM cars.

And kidrock, its off to the Little 500 in Anderson for me later today. Haven’t been in over 20 years.

^^^
    Yes !!! The place to be this weekend.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Minny Lakes View Post
    From watching on TV, it looks like the walls are on the backside of the banking, and not at the top? I would think if the walls were on top of the banking, a cushion would actually form, instead of just roosting all the dirt over the edge. The top lane or two looks pretty flat on tv.
    What track looks good on tv??

Go there and watch in person. You won't believe how awesome the facility is.

Vado and Lucas are as good as dirt racing facilities get.

The racing at Wheatland is a lot better than most posters on let on.

Reminds me of synchronized skating.
    To each there own.
    8/13/16

A slick track makes for so much better racing than hammer down, zero IQ stuff we've been seeing. It takes a great driver to move forward.

Power to the ground wins on slick way more than anything else. They can all skate.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Posted by Lurker: Count me in when you go. From what I’ve seen on TV, sprints and midgets race well. Better than DLM cars.

Lurker, Then the sprints and midgets it will be.

Posted by Lurker: And kidrock, its off to the Little 500 in Anderson for me later today. Haven’t been in over 20 years.

Now that would be an interesting race to go to. Hope you had a great time