Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

We’ve been tuned in for almost five hours. We’ve seen 30 laps of racing. And zero laps from the top 18 cars. Still have to introduce 31 drivers before we can see the only thing that matters. This is embarrassing. This isn’t how you attract new fans.

This race has turned into a joke sadly.

RTJ got shafted over a useless rule.

The fact there isn’t even a thread on here for the RTJ incident is telling. We live not far from Lucas. It’s full n Mar A Lago for a dirt track facilities, but the events and the racing usually isn’t too good but last night when they DID finally race wasn’t a bad race at all for the most part. The droop rule is dumb but rules are rules…if the rule is you Mount a teddy bear in the sail panel window….you gotta do it and the rules are for everyone. Seeing eh cars are so out of hand anyway….why have a droop rule? My 2 cents. What time did the race finally get over??

It's the equivalent of a teddy in the sail.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Long drawn out night. I’ll give credit to WoO, all 3 nights their feature was on the track and over with between 9-10 pm Eastern. I know time zone difference in Missouri but still no way should an event be that drawn out.

We can argue the merit of the droop rule till we’re blue in the face, however, it is the rule. And it’s the one rule they actually check after the race. RTJ didn’t pass. Everybody else did. If RTJ had been 10lbs light but everybody else was good would people be saying we should let that go? It’s really not that different.

The penalty being 4 spots instead of just a DQ is really stupid, though.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Track was a cornfield but rules are rules.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Josh, droop check in no way simulates on track deck height. Which makes impossible to check accurately. It's obvious the teams with money have already found a way around the rule, which makes it useless at this point. Comparing that to a weight rule, is ridiculous. You're smarter than that.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 05-28-2023 at 10:22 AM.

If the chain mount broke because of rough track conditions, I'd say he's got a legit beach. Not that it will change the results but I'd be frustrated if in his shoes.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Josh, droop check in no way simulates on track deck height. Which makes impossible to check accurately. It's obvious the teams with money have already found a way around the rule, which makes it useless at this point. Comparing that to a weight rule, is ridiculous. You're smarter than that.
    I’m not arguing the validity of the rule. The rule is probably stupid. I’m just saying everybody managed to pass the check but RTJ, but people are saying they should give him the win even though he failed post race tech. My comparison to a weight rule isn’t over the validity of the rule, but to the reaction to the infraction.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

The track was an absolute hole, no way droop rule should be enforced after that. They took it before the race, given the conditions that should have been it. Common sense did not prevail.

Old man Gundaker knew the track was gonna be a mess but he tried to be polite as possible about it.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Track was a cornfield but rules are rules.
    How wide were the rows???
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    The track was an absolute hole, no way droop rule should be enforced after that. They took it before the race, given the conditions that should have been it. Common sense did not prevail.
    Common sense did not prevail in this post...

Everyone else passed.

They make rules (agree with them or not) for a reason.

None of us like the droop rule. But, it is indeed a rule that needs to be followed (for now). Regardless of track conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy 37 View Post
    Common sense did not prevail in this post...

Everyone else passed.

They make rules (agree with them or not) for a reason.

None of us like the droop rule. But, it is indeed a rule that needs to be followed (for now). Regardless of track conditions.
    Correct, you can't void a rule due to conditions.

However, the rule is ill conceived, achieves nothing, and should be gone. That opinion has nothing to do with what happened to RTJ.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

WTF were they thinking starting 31 cars? Nothing good can come from that. The way they drag the program out is terrible. I left at 1230 and they had to run the modifide 40 lap feature. They sure sold a bunch of beer though. I counted 40 some empty kegs behind the bar, that isnt including the singles. Man there were a bunch of drunk people there. I like to drink some beer but some of these people were really wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    How wide were the rows???
    7 axe handles wide . . .