Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fail droop lose 4 spots?

Since when? I thought it was a DQ? Regardless, RTJ drove a great race and with the condition of that track I doubt it helped any.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Since when? I thought it was a DQ? Regardless, RTJ drove a great race and with the condition of that track I doubt it helped any.
    Do you think that there might have been some " POLITICS " involved with that decision ? ?

Someone else failed earlier in the year (I think it was Erb) and they only lost four spots as well. I think that was a heat race penalty though. The rulebook is online. I'm sure it's covered there.

This droop rule 5hit is for the birds.

For like every quarter inch you lose 2 spots if I remember. Too lazy to look. LoL

Thats like ruler swats from the 4th grade teacher depending on how bad you were back in the day……..goofy rule and goofy enforcement……they should do the same with tires depending just how cheated up they were🤡
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Question

^^^ Them there funny tars? ? ^ ^ ^

Garbage surface first 2 nights. So then they unleash the water truck and end up with that crap. I understand the rule, but I want to know, what caused RTj heights to change. Chain stretch, ?

They still using that $5 Harbor Freight tape measure?

I watched RTJ's interview after the disqual, it's on Flo. Man was that guy calm and cool. He said it was a part failure. The beating those cars took on that track I bet it was. Seems like a classy guy.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    I've read where they upgraded up to a unit from the Dollar General ?

after reading your comment i decided to do a test.i went and got a kobalt,craftsman,lufkin, and a pittsburgh from harbor freight.THEY ALL SHOW THE SAME 111111111111111111111111

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    after reading your comment i decided to do a test.i went and got a kobalt,craftsman,lufkin, and a pittsburgh from harbor freight.THEY ALL SHOW THE SAME 111111111111111111111111
    Whew glad that's cleared up.

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    Nice try, but if we’re talking about actual tape measures, Harbor Freight doesn’t sell any of those brands. Believe me, I’m in Lowes, Home Depot, even Harbor Freight, and others, every week. Some of them almost every day. I’ve also watched officials measure the droop (my original point) at Lucas races, and twice at the Kyle Larson Flo races at Bulls Gap. I see what they’re using and it’s hilarious. As I said a couple years ago, if you have to use this stupid rule, at least use an intelligent measuring system.

Droop rules sucks anyway !!!!

All you armchair idiots need to explain it to me. At one point in the feature ( with all of the cautions ) RTJ was more than 3 seconds behind the leader and going backwards. Next thing you know he's roaring through the field and is ahead by more than he was ever trailing. Does this have anything to do with the chain "breaking" ? I think so. But all of you people judging ( That know nothing how all this works ) want to give a win to a person that probably "BENT" the rules so his chain would break so he could end up 50K richer. Is the tape measure stupid ? ABSOLUTELY !!! Get a stick. But don't give a race to someone who tried to stretch the rules. The days of bowing down to bloomquist are over. Run within the rules , or lose.

^
    Yep. Buroughs has a remote detonator he uses to ignite a small C4 charge on the chain bracket.
    8/13/16

Smoking corn ? Who out there woulda ever thunk that. You drying the corn first ? Or just smoke it straight on the stalk.

Corn smoker
    What the heck does Bloomquist have to do with this post?
    Another “ hater” I suppose?

Smoked one too many.

i guess you feel better now that they had didnt have a tape measure at the dream