Default Clarksville Speedway

I tried to watch the race last night on FLO ....I really did. It was the only DLM race availble. I knew it was a SOUTHERN race, so I was prepared mentally for time trials for EVERY division including the Pure Stocks, But when they split the NINE car 604 DLM field into TWO heat races, I threw in the towel!!! A race on a work night needs to be run effiecently. I guess this mentality will never change at many tracks throughout the country. Now compare the two races being run tonight. Castrol Floracing Night in America and The High Limits sprint car race (I get that both series are MADE FOR TV). Both will have many eyeballs tuned in and healthy grandstand attendence, because there will be only two divisions. Both of these races are set up to be over at a decent hour, for both the fans in the grandstands and the viewers from home. Just Sayin'.

I've seen much worse. Yes, they took an intermission on a Tuesday night but the racing in the LM feature was decent (except for the lead) and it was done by 11:15 eastern. I think we get spoiled having so many streaming races nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    I tried to watch the race last night on FLO ....I really did. It was the only DLM race availble. I knew it was a SOUTHERN race, so I was prepared mentally for time trials for EVERY division including the Pure Stocks, But when they split the NINE car 604 DLM field into TWO heat races, I threw in the towel!!! A race on a work night needs to be run effiecently. I guess this mentality will never change at many tracks throughout the country. Now compare the two races being run tonight. Castrol Floracing Night in America and The High Limits sprint car race (I get that both series are MADE FOR TV). Both will have many eyeballs tuned in and healthy grandstand attendence, because there will be only two divisions. Both of these races are set up to be over at a decent hour, for both the fans in the grandstands and the viewers from home. Just Sayin'.
    you did not miss anything.1 grove and if you were on the outside on a restart then you lost a spot or 2.

The infield looks like the surface of the moon with random clay clumps all over it…..not sure what that’s all about but it did look pretty cool/different.
    My biggest question is how can that track survive in woke America 2023 sitting right in what looks to be the middle of a subdivision? I love the idea and can’t think of anything better than driving a few blocks through my neighborhood to get to my favorite track……But with whiney woke Americans I’m just wondering how it’s even possible these days?

I enjoyed watching the race last night.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    racing in the south is awful. if you even mention the word pill draw they start panicking, in any division. i race in a b mod class and they wanna qualify weekly for $500. its like that with every class too

when are any of the promoters in the south going to break down and buy the equipment needed to loosen the track up before feature aka track prep, its what you got is what you got for the features and alot times it was never prepped right to start with..I must say clarksville had it wet and loose beore the start but it sealed over quick they tried !It wasnt that bad of a race its just hard to beat that black dirt!