Thread: Wheel width

Default Wheel width

I see that dirtcar posted a bulletin to change the wheel rule to 14 wide only. What sort of issues would this arise? Stagger? Contact patch?

Quote Originally Posted by bcarrot28 View Post
    I see that dirtcar posted a bulletin to change the wheel rule to 14 wide only. What sort of issues would this arise? Stagger? Contact patch?
    Apparently, a crybaby has the ear of the right person. It would affect stagger. It would affect the spring rate of the tire.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Apparently, a crybaby has the ear of the right person. It would affect stagger. It would affect the spring rate of the tire.
    It certainly seems like the least evil of things to make a rule against. I guess wheel spacers are next.

There is more going on there then it appears. However I now wonder what happens when someones 14" wheel gets hit and dents in a 4" long section of the wheel during the race and that 4" long section measures 13.75" are you DQ'ed.

How is the wheel measured? inside bead to inside bead on non beadlock wheel? and on a beadlock outside bead to inside bead +.5" or what? I can tell you all wheels don't measure the same on a beadlock, lol.

They probably have a 1' tolerance, lol so now guys are gonna make wheels at 13 or 15 instead of buying a 12 or 16. I bet that's cheaper then buying an in stock wheel, since they trying to save guys money from having to buy new wheels for the latest trend.

Billets head hurts so much the last 5 years beating his head on the desk (grin)

I figured they were doing it on the right sides especially the RF to get the LM/NLMT tire more rounded like an open tire and not flat.

My guess is pound per square inch and stiffening tire. Something on lines of when they were gluing sidewalls inside