Thumbs up Belleville NEWS - Coming back. Track rebuild

Belleville NEWS - Coming back. Track rebuild

https://www.bnd.com/news/local/commu...275943881.html
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

yeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Wait….what???? Using COVID funds to revive this track. If this is the case it should not be allowed and should be illegal.

if they show rona shut downs were the cause of the track closing i dont see an issue

North Wilksboro used 18 million in Covid funds to reopen that track. Called it: economic revitalization.

Sad the board or whomever let this track go to waste. Looks like it's in ruins. I guess there's always a pocket of government money somewhere, this being covid funds. How many years will it take to recoup the millions of dollars it will take to rehab this track? Not like all racetracks are profit centers. Good luck.

this is just down the way from us....good memories as a kid of this place MANY years ago. If they do it up right, it would be a dynamite midget track. its awfully small for todays monster HP and hi tech LM chassis. I see a midget guy is doing the project so its in the right hands. not that i wouldnt go to a LM race there and I like bull rings....but this is a very small ring for a LM. Wish this bunch nothing but the best for sticking their necks out on it. its going to take some serious labor to renovate the old fairgrounds.

That little track has some good clay but if the cushion goes then it's a real b!tch to race on for LM's.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!