Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wvms

My guess is those primadonnas didn't want to kill a $100K plus car/motor and maybe get hurt? But it's easy to spend others money. That track should have been converted into a strip mall 20 years ago. It sucks.

Best thing these clowns that run this place could do is take a trip to Eldora or Port Royal or Knoxville. Their favorite thing to do is point out how hard all those places are on motors and how those track get big car counts but WVMS can’t get the same support. The reason those big tracks can get support is because they have consistent and SAFE track prep. They didn’t cut the grass off mineral wells until last week. They Never turn it over with a grader, they just roll out there, water it poorly and run it in with pick up trucks. Blaming the primadonna racers is comical. Place is done, stick a fork in it and head on back to Tyler county

They stuck a fork in it years ago but someone thought it needed to be reborn. Short memory evidently on someone's part.
    8/13/16

KTM. You know nothing about the events that transpired yesterday evening.

The drivers wanted it dry and slow. They got what they wanted until they couldn’t see. Then Mother Nature gave them water, they didn’t want to run on a hammer down track either. If this was a professional sports team that walked onto the field and decided not to play you’d be up in arms.

You fail to see the entire picture here, it came down to not wanting to ruin a car before going to Eldora. Getting hurt? Because that hasn’t happened at Eldora, right? Nobody made them show up, they knew the schedule when they signed up. The same guys who were mad that they didn’t get to race on Bellevilles big track the second night of an XR race last year are complaining about WVMS. Hilarious.
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 06-04-2023 at 04:04 PM.

It was a mistake to reopen it as the big track. Yeah, the previous attempt to shorten it was a mess, but carving out a 3/8 or 4/10 centered on the seating similar to Bridgeport would have been the better play.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Rebooting WVMS is about as smart as rebooting Pennsboro. Oh wait? They gonna try that too. Neither track EVER had competitive racing. EVER.

I was involved in moving everything from Hitman's SLM to a different chassis after a trip to Mineral Wells. Killed a car there. Pulled the threads out of the bungs at the RF upper arm. HUGE hit.

I hate that track. You won't convince anyone how great it is/was. It ALWAYS sucked.

Check my Twitter feed. Was live tweeting what I thought was happening. Nailed it too.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    Rebooting WVMS is about as smart as rebooting Pennsboro. Oh wait? They gonna try that too. Neither track EVER had competitive racing. EVER.

I was involved in moving everything from Hitman's SLM to a different chassis after a trip to Mineral Wells. Killed a car there. Pulled the threads out of the bungs at the RF upper arm. HUGE hit.

I hate that track. You won't convince anyone how great it is/was. It ALWAYS sucked.

Check my Twitter feed. Was live tweeting what I thought was happening. Nailed it too.
    My argument had nothing to do with the racing being competitive. I know it’s not. But that’s not what we’re arguing.

Ok then? What ARE we arguing about? I have no idea. But i'm winning!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KTMLew; 06-04-2023 at 06:58 PM.

I assume the teams are kinda required to race wherever Lucas decides to go? I mean...if 25 teams didn't show, what could Lucas do?

https://twitter.com/ktmlew/status/16...532140036?s=20

@ktmlew
    ·
    23h
    @lucasdirt
    I won't be at all surprised if the drivers decide to pull the plug on this deal tonight.

Lol, looks like someone's starving for attention.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    If I am the owmer/Promoter of WVMS, I am flying to Davenport Iowa on Monday morning and taking measurements of Davenport Speedway and on Tuesday morning I would begin construction of the exact replica inside the massive 5/8ths track.
    Or Fairbury, or Tri County, or Tri State, or Lawrenceburg, about 30 others. The 5/8 mile layout is a novelty act that produces poor action and limits local participation. Ohio Valley, Skyline, and Tyler are all better tracks with better car counts. The car counts will suffer until the layout improves. Some better track prep and better dirt would help.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

That dirt is topsoil, not good clay. reminds me of a lot of Ohio tracks. Or it is a funky clay but that peels off and is dusty as can be. Portsmouth, Souther Ohio Speedway, Brushcreek, Moler, Atomic are all very similar.
    from what I have seen Tyler County is a lot like that too. Dusty when it looks like it should not be, it's just the dirt in that general area is not good for racing on, doesn't much matter the size of track.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

PPMS is dang near the same size (shorter straights but more sweeping turns) and almost always produces great racing in addition to big track speed. I can't ever remember a GREAT race at WVMS or Pennsboro going back to the 80s. Has nothing to do with aero, tech, etc. All about track layout and prep.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Lol, looks like someone's starving for attention.
    Wasn't my intent. Was accused of not knowing what was happening at the track. I have eyes. Was pretty obvious what was brewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerky View Post
    PPMS is dang near the same size (shorter straights but more sweeping turns) and almost always produces great racing in addition to big track speed. I can't ever remember a GREAT race at WVMS or Pennsboro going back to the 80s. Has nothing to do with aero, tech, etc. All about track layout and prep.
    Correct me if I’m wrong but PPMS is pretty much done running supers too right?

PPMS runs supers exactly once a year.

That’s my point. It’s not even about how good the racing is. It’s the fact that drivers won’t race on big tracks anymore because the class has gotten out of hand. Knoxville is next, the crying has been going on there the past two nationals. Before too long the only big track left will be Port and Eldora if you consider it big.
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 06-05-2023 at 12:11 PM.

WVMS is hurt by the fact that all of the tracks around it are 1/4 miles with lower budget racers. That impacts the car counts more than anything, because local/regional drivers are the guys that fill fields. It was a very curious decision to reopen it as the big track.

PPMS’ fields shrunk for years before they dropped supers. The track’s size plays into that, but there are is a fair amount of competition in the area on Saturday nights. That hurt them too.

PPMS. At one time it was a premier race track. The Miley's kept doing patch work on everything on property, including track prep and purses. It took big HP to be competitive there. No one has ever to my knowledge made a seious attempt to buy the place because of the amount of money it would take to make all the necessary repairs. It's been reported this will be the final season, I'm not sure who is even running the place anymore, that was red miley's baby, now with the passing of Matt Miley the only interest the family has is selling it.