Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wvms

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    PPMS. At one time it was a premier race track. The Miley's kept doing patch work on everything on property, including track prep and purses. It took big HP to be competitive there. No one has ever to my knowledge made a seious attempt to buy the place because of the amount of money it would take to make all the necessary repairs. It's been reported this will be the final season, I'm not sure who is even running the place anymore, that was red miley's baby, now with the passing of Matt Miley the only interest the family has is selling it.
    Selling PPMS was Matt's only interest too, thats why it steadily went down hill. Seen a lot of big races there in my days, hate to see it go.

Yes, PPMS only races supers one night a year. Which is one night more than WVMS and Pennsboro this year lol.

Some people don't realize that PPMS is just Heidelburg raceway rebuilt. So most of the infrastructure (stands, lights, scoreboard etc) are from the 1950s/1960s. I haven't been there in several years but the place always had great racing. If you don't mind the old school amenities I recommend checking it out while you still can. The Mileys leased the place for years so didn't want to spend the $ on improvements (what renter in their right mind would?) by the time they owned it outright it had been neglected for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerky View Post
    Yes, PPMS only races supers one night a year. Which is one night more than WVMS and Pennsboro this year lol.

Some people don't realize that PPMS is just Heidelburg raceway rebuilt. So most of the infrastructure (stands, lights, scoreboard etc) are from the 1950s/1960s. I haven't been there in several years but the place always had great racing. If you don't mind the old school amenities I recommend checking it out while you still can. The Mileys leased the place for years so didn't want to spend the $ on improvements (what renter in their right mind would?) by the time they owned it outright it had been neglected for years.
    WVMS ran Friday night, if PPMS only races 1 night a year, that would be 1-1.

Fair enough. PPMS has two nights scheduled.

The Mileys have had strong offers from people who planned to keep it open as a track and have always turned them down. They do want to sell it, but they want UPMC money, not racer money.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I'd rather watch anything 3/8s or less and preferably 1/4 mile-ish tracks vs. any track 1/2 or bigger..no matter their name. I want traffic and close racing and no getting away and all that goes with that.

Historic 100 has been cancelled. Info is on the Lucas website

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Historic 100 has been cancelled. Info is on the Lucas website
    That should close it back down.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Default Done

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    That should close it back down.
    The proverbial nail in the coffin!

This is my shocked face.

This is the end of WVMS until the next promoter with big dreams comes along. This track was the end of BDS years ago after they were success at Tyler. History repeats itself. Crazy the promoter got out of Ohio Valley and continued this disaster.

It’s an awful track and always has been. The ones that built it knew nothing about racing. The facility was nice in the 80s when it was built but nothing special now. Remember when it self watered?

Is it simply a tax write-off? No one could think they will make that place work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfSfcEGx_AY

Looks like Thornton was able to pass 2 cars in one lap about midway. On a very dusty track that was actually still pretty fast. One caution all night heats included for the late models. Track turns were pretty smooth and I didn't see any motors going up in smoke on this supposed engine eater. The track needs a lot of good clay and better lighting more than anything.

But it does appear to be just a tax write off.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 06-10-2023 at 05:24 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!