Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wvms

Quote Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
    Late models on a 1/2 mile or bigger are not a good product these days. Expect a bunch of follow the leader at eldora next weekend also. They have to fix the car aero rules or this sport will only produce good racing on shorter tracks.
    The only reason the WOO race was close the last few laps was lapped cars especially Cooney in the way.Otherwise if you watched the race the lappers and cautions affected the whole race.Not much passing in late model racing these days. There is a.lot of advancing because of attrition.

Quote Originally Posted by racingumpire View Post
    The only reason the WOO race was close the last few laps was lapped cars especially Cooney in the way.Otherwise if you watched the race the lappers and cautions affected the whole race.Not much passing in late model racing these days. There is a.lot of advancing because of attrition.
    It was close because Bronson's car fell off.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Dustin Jarret is so full of sh*t. He actually praised track prep and called out people saying "put some water down". By the second hot lap you can't see anything for dust.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Dustin Jarret is so full of sh*t. He actually praised track prep and called out people saying "put some water down". By the second hot lap you can't see anything for dust.
    Crazy how that track can look really wet and still be a huge dust cloud in 2 laps. Be surprised if they don't tear up some good equipment tonight.

Hopefully put the nail in the coffin of this place. Just hope nobody gets hurt.

I admire anybody for trying to reopen a track, lots of $$$ have been put into that place, but I wouldn’t walk across the street to watch a race there. Racing is boring and it’s dusty as crap

My guess on why we sitting with our ducks in our hand is, they waiting for sunset so drivers can see. I've had the stream muted so correct me if they mentioned reason for delay.

Otay. I twas wrong. Had some rain & lightning. Not sure if gonna get it in. They gonna do some more hotlaps.

Looks like all that rain helped settle the dust.

Well it is pretty evident that this night is going to be anothe sh1t show. The show must have a big anchor behind it because it itn't going anywhere. Awfule.

Drivers can't see anything on the straights. The roost looks like a powerboat race. Insane.

I'd love to see somebody like McCreadie just say, nope. Load it up in one piece.

Looked like McCreadie & Davenport were having a convo in the hauler. McCreadie's body language tells me he REALLY doesn't want to do this. Still trying to come a frog strangler of a storm.

Rain finally got them. Time to head to Eldora guys.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Natures water truck arrived!!!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

https://twitter.com/VisitWVMS/status...101922816?s=20

West Virginia Motor Speedway
    @VisitWVMS
    ·
    26m
    We're in a holding pattern as we wait out the rain. Our plan is to get tonight's program in, in its entirety. Please stay patient as we work through the current weather delay.

Thank you.

Only 26 cars for $50k?

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Natures water truck arrived!!!!
    And I read the drivers declined to race on it after that. Who seen that coming? I can't say I blame them. It just seems to happen way to often imo.

I hate seeing rain outs for any track. The work and expense that goes into setting up a show and all the travel costs of the racers plus the ultimate impact on the fans. That being said there probably were drivers who were glad to see it.

I tried watching these races from WVMS on Flo and some of the posters are exactly right. The modern evolution of today's supers just don't belong on big tracks anymore. The actual racing is not even good at all. I quit going to half mile tracks a few years ago because so very few big tracks can actually deliver. But it is getting tougher. The modern wedge car is making it tough.

For sure, a bull ring is no guarantee of a great show if the surface and prep are junk, and a few large tracks still do get it right. But the odds are tilted against the bigger track with the way they've let these cars become, and it ain't just a droop rule that can fix it.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

During one of the heat races, both Tyler Erb and Tim McCreadie pulled down to the inside of the track and talked to one of the Lucas Oil guys for a while. Erb brought out the caution and there was nothing wrong with his car, he was definitely saying something about the track.

Pretty spot on post Morgs. You’re clearly one of the few who sees that it’s a car/aero/wedge/technology problem. I’ve said that since they opened.

WVMS has never raced great but they also never had a problem drawing cars until the sport took a turn for the worse.

Now you have prima donnas who wanted it slow and slick but wont race on it cause it’s dusty, and also wont race on it if it’s too fast and hammer down. Promoter is fighting a losing battle. The inmates ran the asylum last night.

Cut terrace seating into the big track and put a smaller one inside of it is about the only way I see them filling that place up with supers again…I applaud the hell out of the folks trying to make it work there and love West Virginia racing in general but todays supers are just life size slot cars around the big track anymore imo.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????