Default Dtwc at eldora thoughts

I was talking to a few people about the DTWC at Eldora. I heard we could see 110 Late Models, 80 steel blocks, 120 modifieds and 40 Eldora Stocks for the weekend.

way too many cars, track will be wasted

Heard that they are having guys call from all over since racing will be done everywhere. Said just on Thursday they are expecting around 200 cars between the super stocks and modifieds. Then Friday they expect 230 or so car from the Super Lates and Limited Lates and the 26 Mods that will be there to run and then Saturday for the B-mains and the Feature for the Limiteds they expect 150 or so cars.

A True UMP NATIONALS.

Eldora better have CSX come in and do a thorough inspection of track #1 beforehand to avoid a massive derailment that weekend.

Eldora and October races do not mix well. Don't get your hopes up.

Other than the facility itself, I just don't get all the Eldora hype. Haven't seen a good race there for what seems like forever.
    8/13/16

2019 dream was a real good race. Last good 100 lapped I remember.

I don't see the 80 steel blocks. I could be wrong though.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

The last really good DTWC to me was 2006 when Shannon Babb won at Atomic. The one that Jimmy Mars won at Lawrenceburg could really been good but track was so rough from 5 inches of rain. Atomic was such a great track but they changed the dirt between 2006 and 2007. That ruined that. I'm for having the DTWC anywhere Davenport and Overton aren't a shoe in

Quote Originally Posted by Live4DLM View Post
    The last really good DTWC to me was 2006 when Shannon Babb won at Atomic. The one that Jimmy Mars won at Lawrenceburg could really been good but track was so rough from 5 inches of rain. Atomic was such a great track but they changed the dirt between 2006 and 2007. That ruined that. I'm for having the DTWC anywhere Davenport and Overton aren't a shoe in
    The guy that had atomic back then is what ruined atomic/dtwc deal. I wish it would get another shot now with all of the updates they have done in the last year. I think they are setting themselves up for something big, but it won't be late models I don't think.

Eldora does not need another big race let alone all the 'support' classes that Cousin Carl brings with him. All those cars will kill the track worse that what we all witnessed on Sat Night.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    The guy that had atomic back then is what ruined atomic/dtwc deal. I wish it would get another shot now with all of the updates they have done in the last year. I think they are setting themselves up for something big, but it won't be late models I don't think.
    Atomic has slowly become one of the raciest tracks around and I gladly make that 3 hr. trip multiple times every year. Very nice that they bought up some land and expanded behind the bleachers and added their own camping area.

I’m still trying to understand the attraction for the fans of going to the same track three times in the same year for a major event. Especially since the third is month and a half after the second major event.

Atomic is perfect these days since they corrected the wall in turn 3.

I think you will see a crowd about the size of the Dream or a little bigger at the race. Also as far as car counts probably around WORLD 100 car counts and with the 3 support classes there should be cars from all over with all the tracks done at the end of September.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    I think you will see a crowd about the size of the Dream or a little bigger at the race. Also as far as car counts probably around WORLD 100 car counts and with the 3 support classes there should be cars from all over with all the tracks done at the end of September.
    Reserved camping suggests there won't be nearly as many people at the DTWC.

I know a lot of people hate on the Eldora Million race last year, but I thought it was a dang good race. Especially for a 100 lapper. Sure Davenport let most of it, but he had a great race with McCredie and Madden drove all the way through the field from 19th for a final two lap shootout at the end.