Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

this was my 3rd trip to eldora, 21 world, million/dream and this one. The racing has been mostly stinky at all of them for the features. I'll probably find a new track to go next instead, i really like the facility and atmosphere but if i wanna see train racing i dont have to leave alabama

The track, the track, the track. What about the d*m cars ? The cars are creating so much downforce and you have a place like eldora where they lift very little. These cars are stuck so hard it's why they rubber up and you get boring racing. Something needs changed but me personally if aero is not changed on these cars it's not going to get any better. The track doesn't seem to change as much when the open wheel cars are on it.

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    this was my 3rd trip to eldora, 21 world, million/dream and this one. The racing has been mostly stinky at all of them for the features. I'll probably find a new track to go next instead, i really like the facility and atmosphere but if i wanna see train racing i dont have to leave alabama
    Amen to that we got plenty of train ytracks

Might as wel get a couple D11 Cats and Doze the place, make it a cornfield again.

The 4m Experts said its all over but the crying...

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I forgot about the tire shortage deal of last year and the 30s. That said, they have been on 20s most every race since 2016. Are you sure it didn't rubber last year? It seems like it always does anymore. I blame a lot of that on the cars.
    It took rubber at the very end of the dream last year

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Might as wel get a couple D11 Cats and Doze the place, make it a cornfield again.

The 4m Experts said its all over but the crying...
    They can still fill the place with people who don't support their local track and see a couple shows a year.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Maybe they're afraid of the track coming apart and having another Josh Richards incident.

"The Dream and World been about the party more than the race for years,"

LOL! More affectionately referred to as two drunken, weekend-long stupors.

People drink at the racetrack ? No way...

the best 100 laps in lm racing on a bigger track is knoxville, and has been for years. the PDC is the best short track 100 laps. the common denominator is black dirt and water. eldora is a sandy dusty dry locked down track nowadays and doesnt produce great races anymore. you need more water and more banking & better dirt and tony has the $$$$ to do it at eldora but wont im guessing.

When a track develops into a consistently bad venue, there is a solution. Fill it with water, stock it with bass, and charge $3/day to fish.

Been goin to eldora for nearly 60 years in that time I have seen many changes some for the good and some not so good, but that's life. The place is definitely a show place but with current track prep the racing is average at best ! Family fun night a few weeks ago track was a pc of (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) !!! I believe a new track prep guy is very very much needed. I think it's time to bury the hatchet with Earl's grandson and get him back where he belongs- PREPARING ELDORA SPEEDWAY the way it should be !!!!Current prep guy has to go !!!!

Tomorrow night is the next to last night of Ohio Speedweeks for the Winged All Star’s and the Non-Wing BOSS series at Eldora --- I’ll be watching, uuuh, the track prep and the racing.
    Last edited by lurker; 06-15-2023 at 09:40 PM.

I think the racing will be better. I really think the technology has killed racing on a track like Eldora. But we shall see!

I've been going to Eldora since 82' and I remember quite a few dust bowls when Earl owned the track, so lets not pretend ole Earl always had a great track surface. There is a reason why Eldora gets a pass when the track isn't in the best shape and that's because year in and year out they are the track that pays the big money to win multiple times a year and brings the best drivers in the country to the same track. For the not so bright ones that say Tony doesn't care I believe he is the guy that pulled all the strings to get the race track in great shape for I think it was the million to win last year after all the clay they added was coming apart.