Thread: Hell Tour

Default Hell Tour

We saw the first night last night. The top name drivers were not there (for the most part) which in my opinion gives a lot of other drivers a chance to get experience and pull off a win or two.BUT last night there were 2 or 3 support divisions in addition to Late Models and Modifieds. Tonight Kankakee is advertising 2 additional support classes. I understand the revenue these divisions provide but could we please limit the number of divisions for races. Most of these are on week nights, most people have to go to work the next morning, and a large portion of the tv viewers are in Eastern time zone making it even an hour later.Just my humble opinion.

According to DOD racewire: Tonight has 4 support divisions at Kankakee.

Your upset with 2 support classes? Really? You should find another form of recreation.
    8/13/16

^^ exactly !!

Actually: last night had 3 support divisions counting the kids mods.

5 Classes total at Kankakee. Mods 1st, then Late models. Crate, Street Stock, and Factory stock is the Feature order. So at least you won't have to wait through local support class Features. Current Promoter Billy said he saw the error of his ways last year when they fell behind and he was distracted by off Track needs and didn't bump the Late Models Feature to sooner. So we'll see how it goes. I think if they have the Track ready on time, should go pretty smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by IL LM Fan View Post
    5 Classes total at Kankakee. Mods 1st, then Late models. Crate, Street Stock, and Factory stock is the Feature order. So at least you won't have to wait through local support class Features. Current Promoter Billy said he saw the error of his ways last year when they fell behind and he was distracted by off Track needs and didn't bump the Late Models Feature to sooner. So we'll see how it goes. I think if they have the Track ready on time, should go pretty smooth.
    Kankakee had been decent this year. It’s been pretty smooth with minimal ruts and other issues. I think the wall they put up in turns 1 & 2 had made the racing a good bit better.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

They need a couple of support classes to give the late model drivers time to work on and make adjustments to their cars between races. If they ran just late models and there was no on track activity while they gave them the needed time to adjust on their cars, then people would be complaining that they get bored with no cars on the track. Two support classes (one if the UMP modifieds are running too) are enough for a weeknight show, IMO. Just don't do like Duck River or East Alabama or some of the other tracks who run 6 or 7 support classes in conjunction with a big show to try and milk every penny out of concessions and everything else they can. Just my two cents.
    In order to be the man, you have to beat the man...

A week night show should have 1 support class, that's it, no time trials, pull a pill and line them up. Have them run there heats where needed to give the headline division that folks are there to see time to get ready from b to A main. The main division is over people can stay if they wish or fight to get out of the parking lot.

I sure wish there were more street stocks as a support class.

I am liking this new announcer/pit reporter. This guy seems to realize that a pause in the talking can be a good thing. The pit fella is doing a nice job as well.

Mods taking forever as usual in UMP land. Wissota Bmods fields in my area have way better skill first to last than Ump's A mods.

It’s been stated that’s there’s more tracks wanting dates than there are dates available. If that’s the case, UMP needs to tell the tracks that on a week night, the late model feature needs to be on the track by 9:30. Period.
    Kankakee has made some great improvements and to me, the racing is a lot better but their time management needs some work.
    If you want to run 5 classes on a Thursday… fine! But you must push through the late models.
    Late model heats, mod heats, late model semi’s, street stock heats, late model feature Then run the bulk of the program.
    Lucas does that, I’ve seen WoO do it, it’s not that hard.
    I do know they changed up the order last night to try and speed things along but they needed to try harder. This not only helps the fans get to bed at a reasonable time but also gives the traveling teams more time to do what they need to do.

They didn't change the line up. It was posted on FB Thursday morning and had mods feature first, followed by Late Models. That's how they ran it. Someone Tweeted the Dirtvision announcer stated during the program that the Late Models were last. Never saw that from the Track.

Pre Flo MavTV would have had the Late Models out by 9. They broadcasted with urgency. I'm assuming it was a cost thing? They would go off live between races, and not show the support class as well. But it was nice not sitting there 3+ hours if you mainly just want to see Late Models.

They said during the broadcast that they were adjusting the lineup. Maybe all the mods made the show as I don’t think they ran a B main for them. That might have been the ‘adjustment?’
    The point is, UMP has a say and when you race on a weeknight, the bulk of your fan base have to be at work in the am.
    Inefficient shows keep fans from attending or not paying for the broadcast. UMP can control this.