Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucas

Default Lucas

No heats?? Qualify for feature starting spot? Not sure

I was wondering too. A while ago they were talking to drivers and stuff and the screen said heats up next. Now there's been no action for an hour and it says Fearures up next?

Canceled heats because of track conditions. S—t show !!

And there's one on it's lid.

Quote Originally Posted by IL LM Fan View Post
    And there's one on it's lid.
    Basically running 30 qualifying laps tonight. Hopefully the track slows down and the second feature is better.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Track owners try hard to make it the best, some times it doesn’t work out. Wondering if they will run tomorrow night.

Four rounds of track prep, and there have been two races.

Track is a corn 🌽 field. They have been working on it all night and its still a cornfield.

What a mess.

Right rear coming off a car and the track crew is the slowest I’ve ever seen.

3 weekends in a row of sh1t track prep for mega purses. Pretty unbelievable when you think about how much money is on the line these days

Went there earlier this year, Friday practice track was hammer down (13 second laps) and rough; very similar to track last night. Rained overnight, they worked track all day and it was hard slick from hot laps on-bottom to top. Never thought they could have turned the track around so I think there is still a good chance for it to turn out well.

There are a few well prepped race tracks that deserve national events over some of these places.

This year has made me really happy that its the first year in almost 20 that I have not attended a live race yet and its June. Poor track prep, one lane tracks and the winner leading every lap is not why I want to drive hours and spend 100's. The $150 on Flo makes it easy to turn my attention else where when I see too much 'character' in a track. Then to see what appeared to be a less than stellar emergency crew helping Landrum when he was upside down. No wrecker on site I could see unless you call the Deere loader without a bucket on it a wrecker? All this coming from a dude that actually owns a top notch dirt late model team!!

Do these series actually see these things and just shrug it off cuz they are writing a sanction check?

Then to top it off at almost 11pm they decide to work the track more before next main? No thanks, no thanks at all.

Fans, including the 1000's they claim that watch on Flo deserve way better than this!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    This year has made me really happy that its the first year in almost 20 that I have not attended a live race yet and its June. Poor track prep, one lane tracks and the winner leading every lap is not why I want to drive hours and spend 100's. The $150 on Flo makes it easy to turn my attention else where when I see too much 'character' in a track. Then to see what appeared to be a less than stellar emergency crew helping Landrum when he was upside down. No wrecker on site I could see unless you call the Deere loader without a bucket on it a wrecker? All this coming from a dude that actually owns a top notch dirt late model team!!

Do these series actually see these things and just shrug it off cuz they are writing a sanction check?

Then to top it off at almost 11pm they decide to work the track more before next main? No thanks, no thanks at all.

Fans, including the 1000's they claim that watch on Flo deserve way better than this!
    Just about every dirt racing fan I know, has a Flo subscription. Even NASCAR fans have jumped aboard the Flo train. I’ve never heard any numbers claim, but it has to be pretty impressive.

As for the Landrum incident, my wife and I both thought he was already out of the car and being checked out somewhere. We were shocked to see him get out of the car after they rolled it on to its side. We may have just missed it, but we never once saw any type of EMT people at the scene. The whole night was very strange. We’ve been to SMS a few times, mostly because it’s only a few minutes from where our grand babies live. It’s not one of our favorites, and we thought about driving up for this one, but thank goodness we decided not to. Just watching on TV was a struggle.

The only thing that distinguished Smoky Mountain from an airport last night was the fact cars were trying to take off and fly rather than planes.

TerryM
    Not one EMT that I could see either. Its 2023 and that is simply unacceptable.

As for the Flo numbers yes its impressive for sure but the this type of stuff that we do NOT want to introduce all the new "Larsonites" to....

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    TerryM
    Not one EMT that I could see either. Its 2023 and that is simply unacceptable.

As for the Flo numbers yes its impressive for sure but the this type of stuff that we do NOT want to introduce all the new "Larsonites" to....
    Hey, Larson is a dirt track wheelman and a better wheelman than 3/4 of what's out there. He wouldn't be in that Rumley car if he was run of the mill. Besides, the vast majority of the NASCAR drivers couldn't drive a SLM if their lives depended on it.

I've officially gotten old. Find myself going to bed 830-900 on fairly regular occasion. Doesn't sound like I missed anything. Slept right at 10 hours. Definitely need the beauty sleep. Gonna try to stay up tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    I've officially gotten old. Find myself going to bed 830-900 on fairly regular occasion. Doesn't sound like I missed anything. Slept right at 10 hours. Definitely need the beauty sleep. Gonna try to stay up tonight.
    What do you use for bed sores?
    8/13/16