Default Races at 3/8 and larger tracks are just bad nowadays.

Hope to pass on restarts and then run in line.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by EDERDS View Post
    Maybe where you live. I've seen some d@mn good races just recently.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Maybe where you live. I've seen some d@mn good races just recently.
    Kokomo is not 3/8 ths of a mile track

Quote Originally Posted by racingumpire View Post
    Kokomo is not 3/8 ths of a mile track
    No $h!t. I wasn't talking about Kokomo.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Bullrings have been the right answer since Jesus was a boy.

There are a lot of good 3/8 tracks, some have poor track prep making them not as good as they could be.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

It's not the tracks, it's the format. you figure out the fastest cars with one qualifying lap in no traffic then you line them up fastest to slowest. What do you expect???

"It's not the tracks, it's the format. you figure out the fastest cars with one qualifying lap in no traffic then you line them up fastest to slowest. What do you expect???"

SPOT ON!!!

I think the All Star sprint cars have the best format. It rewards qualifying, has a small invert, and promotes passing in the heat races. The best of all worlds in my opinion. Rewards the drivers and the fans.

Some people don't like it, but both USAC sprint cars and midgets invert the top 6 in each heat race. Top 4 qualify for the feature and rest to the semi, which starts straight up. That format makes you get up on the wheel every heat race!

Pill draw for heats….invert feature 6 or 8 spots BUT pay at least something to win heat AND a bonus if you win feature , $$ depending how far back in feature you were inverted and win. With todays cars…putting the fast cars up front all the time all but guarantees a snoozer. People want passing and a Lille suspense…It’s not brain surgery.

Lightbulb Its not the size that matters, but the action on the track.(lol)

Quote Originally Posted by EDERDS View Post
    Disagree 100%. Are there bad tracks over 3/8? YES, but there are plenty of good ones. The problem I see is some fans and keyboard warriors think every track should be like FALS, but that gets dull to, just like making every track like Charlotte. The variety of surfaces and track layouts is what make dirt track racing great, but a lack of creativity in layouts and poor track prep is what makes a bad race. I can enjoy a bullring for 40 laps and I can enjoy a track like Cherokee Speedway use to be for 100 laps, with tire management playing a roll. I thought it was p@$$y when they shortened the knoxville race becausde 1 year a few guys ran short on fuel, thats caled drama. Its exciting when engine let go, or tire wear out or fuel comes up short, but racers are big boys they can adjust. DLM racing is more than just running hammer down for 40 and bouncing off everybody, sometimes its dry slick and takes a smooth driver to master the surface, sometimes its rough and swingarm cars dominate(when they still made those). Be it 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 or 5/8, they can all be junk and they can all be great, its not necessarily the size that makes the show.

I will agree that beyond a 1/2 I've seen fewer good shows, but the speeds were worth the money to me to see. Golden Isles use to be 5/8 Peanut oil track and they'd hit 172+MPH and that was impressive and spooky to see. Cherokee and Rome were both 1/2's that I've seen many good shows at and speeds topping 150. Toccoa is I think 5/16 and is sometimes good, sometimes not, but even though its small it never races like FALS.

Uniform tire rules make for sucky races almost everywhere though.
    Last edited by Henry Every; 06-23-2023 at 11:24 AM.
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Every View Post
    Disagree 100%. Are there bad tracks over 3/8? YES, but there are plenty of good ones. The problem I see is some fans and keyboard warriors think every track should be like FALS, but that gets dull to, just like making every track like Charlotte. The variety of surfaces and track layouts is what make dirt track racing great, but a lack of creativity in layouts and poor track prep is what makes a bad race. I can enjoy a bullring for 40 laps and I can enjoy a track like Cherokee Speedway use to be for 100 laps, with tire management playing a roll. I thought it was p@$$y when they shortened the knoxville race becausde 1 year a few guys ran short on fuel, thats caled drama. Its exciting when engine let go, or tire wear out or fuel comes up short, but racers are big boys they can adjust. DLM racing is more than just running hammer down for 40 and bouncing off everybody, sometimes its dry slick and takes a smooth driver to master the surface, sometimes its rough and swingarm cars dominate(when they still made those). Be it 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 or 5/8, they can all be junk and they can all be great, its not necessarily the size that makes the show.

I will agree that beyond a 1/2 I've seen fewer good shows, but the speeds were worth the money to me to see. Golden Isles use to be 5/8 Peanut oil track and they'd hit 172+MPH and that was impressive and spooky to see. Cherokee and Rome were both 1/2's that I've seen many good shows at and speeds topping 150. Toccoa is I think 5/16 and is sometimes good, sometimes not, but even though its small it never races like FALS.

Uniform tire rules make for sucky races almost everywhere though.
    I’ve read this post three times, and I’m still shaking my head. I mean … what?

Go ahead chase another newbie away general