Default When a car is upside down

What happens to the motor? Does oil start running places it shouldn't go?

Maybe a little out of the breathers on the valve covers....

Not unless your rings are complete trash.

If youre referring to the Lucas rollover Friday at Smoky Mtn I thought it was ridiculous that they had no ambulance or medical personnel on hand to attend to the driver. He gets out of the car and has to sit on the ground, meanwhile everyone ignores him and is working on getting the car off the track. Lucas needs to demand the track they race at have adaquete safety crews.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    If youre referring to the Lucas rollover Friday at Smoky Mtn I thought it was ridiculous that they had no ambulance or medical personnel on hand to attend to the driver. He gets out of the car and has to sit on the ground, meanwhile everyone ignores him and is working on getting the car off the track. Lucas needs to demand the track they race at have adaquete safety crews.
    You'd think somebodies insurance would demand they have EMS/Fire crew on site? Either or both the track & Lucas should be on the hook.

Are you kidding me right now? There were no EMS on site before the cars hit the track for the hot laps? That’s is extremely irresponsible. You’d have to be out of your mind to let your driver get in the car and go out there without that. Even our little Fum Buck track has the sense to provide that before anyone is let out on the track.

They had (2) ambulances in the infield. I saw 1 of them driving towards Landrum’s wreck, with lights on. The other never moved that I saw

Okay now we have 2 ambulances in the infield!!! Did you come to see racing or to see ambulances??? hahaha
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    Have you ever been upside for any amount of time? I'd say he was dizzy and had a really bad headache. I dont think Trevor was hurt in any way. Probably just had to get his ducks back in a row is why he sat on the ground. I thought it took them longer to roll the car back than what it should've though.

that was a very light roll over. my question is did the roll cage give down as much as it looked like on the tv?

In the event of a car being upside down, the motor can potentially be impacted depending on the severity of the accident. It is possible for the oil to shift within the engine, but modern vehicles are typically equipped with measures to mitigate significant oil leakage or damage. To ensure a comprehensive assessment, it is advisable to consult a professional mechanic. Additionally, it is important to have reliable insurance coverage, and looking into One Call Insurance reviews can provide helpful information from others' experiences when choosing an insurance provider.
    Last edited by samgood; 07-10-2023 at 12:23 AM.