Default The announcer doing the Summer Nationals is doing a fine job…

No hollering and screaming, no announcing a qualifying lap like a driver winning the World 100, no catchy lil phrases, just announcing what’s happening on the track.

Chris Stephan is very good. He announced for Cedar Lake for years. He also has done the Wild West Shootout among other events.

I agree. The pit reporter is doing a fine job as well. MUCH better than the last few years, IMO.

Totally agree with the original poster, Chris Stephan does an excellent job and he should have got the job announcing for the WoO LMS instead of Rueben. You hit the nail on the head about the yelling, stupid catch phrases, etc..

i agree just call the race. usually the racing is exciting enough without having to add to it

Stepan is one of the best in the country.

I agree. He is knowledgeable, calm and consistent. He calls it the way a tv broadcaster should. We can already see the action, he doesn't try to paint it for us. And, I am doing quite well with not having to painfully hear "smoother than creme cheeses on a bagel" 40 times per broadcast.
    In order to be the man, you have to beat the man...

Quote Originally Posted by seminole939913 View Post
    I agree. He is knowledgeable, calm and consistent. He calls it the way a tv broadcaster should. We can already see the action, he doesn't try to paint it for us. And, I am doing quite well with not having to painfully hear "smoother than creme cheeses on a bagel" 40 times per broadcast.
    Let’s not forget the cringeworthy “Hoosier to Hoosier… Hoosier Daddy?!?!”

My 2 cents….he’s extremely good. Total pro all the way. Lucky to have him doing the dirt track gig. Where did he come from? He’s no beginner.

Chris is top notch for sure. I really enjoyed his days at the Wild West Shootout. He could give each drivers highlights from that year and mention how many times they’ve been to the event and what their best finishes are, etc. Some guys might care less about those types of nuggets of info, but I always appreciated it. He’s definitely a pros-pro at what he does.

Chris has been a mainstay in the Wissota region for over 20 years announcing at Cedar Lake and promoting multiple regional events thru his FYE Motorsports business.

https://www.fyemotorsports.com/about.html

Yeah, I like Reuben but this guy should be doing the WoO Late Models.