Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Of course there are things that transfer. A lot, actually. The key is understanding why or why not, that a particular piece or idea may or may not carry over. I'd never pay to buy a product data to prove the product worked. If you can't explain why it's better, with solid science, I'm not interested. But, in dirt late model racing, guys buy 3 sets of shocks a year, because there's magic in each set.They buy ridiculously expensive axles because they have magic "wind up" that has no negative consequences when it "unwinds".
    I’ve got a new set that pushes all 4 tires in the ground harder! My friend who works at NASA revalved them! Said he used technology from the international space station in them!

Back when Penske was the sticker you needed on the side of the body, I heard you could get as much traction as you were willing to pay for.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    I was already buying a new transmission anyway, but talking to Johnny and his limited slip rear option , i knew it was the right choice. This is for a crate car, so all of the parts are extremely light. He builds every part in house with his cnc equipment. He's been in business for a longgg time, and has a who's who list of cup and busch customers!

Fyi......he rebuilds any brand of racing transmission and rearend. He said without a doubt, Brinn is the best design and build!
    and they say the reason crate cars was invented was to keep cost down , oh well ......

It's called gravity.

Everything that pushes the tires into the ground is an effect of gravity.

Shocks only attempt to control the speed which gravity effects the tire contact patch.

Jmho

I suppose aero would enhance that gravity .....

Aero and gravity are completely separate forces on the chassis.

In the automotive world, shocks are intended to slow the displacement at the spring to avoid large oscillations.

On a dirt late model, the shocks are often stiff way beyond this point. They are used to manipulate natural ride height during acceleration, natural ride height after a fat guy sits on the rear bumper, position of the rr wheel after a tech man jacks up the car and pulls out his harbor freight tape measure, and other odd uses that go on and on. Every one of those odd uses could be achieved more effectively by other means, but it's harder for people to make money if they aren't selling the latest shiny shock.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 01-03-2024 at 03:54 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I was being a little sarcastic MBR , 95 shaw said " every thing that pushes the tires into the ground is an effect of gravity " I figured with your disposition on aero and the outlandish body's that create it , you would appreciate my statement ....lol...

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    I was being a little sarcastic MBR , 95 shaw said " every thing that pushes the tires into the ground is an effect of gravity " I figured with your disposition on aero and the outlandish body's that create it , you would appreciate my statement ....lol...
    Yes. I do appreciate you were having a little fun.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I was guaranteed I could run with the supers at Volusia with a 602! Was I lied to?

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    I was guaranteed I could run with the supers at Volusia with a 602! Was I lied to?
    I don't think you need an answer to that question.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1