Default Over Prepping the Tracks?

Way too much down time reworking racetracks this year. I appreciate them trying but at Quincy tonight the hot lapped, qualified, ran 6 heats and are now completely reworking the track at an hour now.
    How is the track ever going to come around if you keep it one lane and crumby? How many fans are gonna stay home because the grader and water truck make more laps than all the other classes combined?
    As I said, I appreciate the effort but is it really needed EVERY show?
    Last edited by 427c.i.; 06-29-2023 at 06:59 AM.

I will give Quincy a break because the ambulance had to leave but I still stand by my comments.

Coming back to broadcast, the announcer made the comment that the ambulance had returned and they could go back to racing. I don't think track prep was the reason for the hold up. I noticed in the double box while they were airing the sprint car races that there wasn't any activity on the track. It seems they had some type of medical emergency that required the ambulance to leave the track and they had to wait on it to return. Good move by the track. Cars should never be on the track without an ambulance present.
    In order to be the man, you have to beat the man...

I was at Quincy last night, and yes - the issue was that the EMS crew was called out for a local call. Jim and his crew had no control over this. Track prep work was completed and then it was just a bit of downtime, but there really wasn't anything that could be done. You definitely don't want to race without having an ambulance on site, for any emergencies.

Track prep during a down time like an ambulance leaving is always plus!!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Had the track been rough and un-racy, people would complain it hadn’t been prepped enough.

Wouldn't an overprepped track provide for the best racing you have ever seen? Inquiring minds want to know.

Depends on the type of prepping it gets. Take Eldora, their idea of prepping is a 1000 laps of sheepsfooting. They prep and wear out the track surface both at the same time.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!