Default Drake "The Kid" Troutman

He has been very impressive so far on The Hell tour. Although he doesn't have the wins to show for it, he has been competative every night, at tracks he has little to no experience running. Bad luck has certainly hampered a few of his finishes. Last night was an example of lack of experience biting him. It is hard to believe he just turned 18 last month, seems like he has be racing for a long time. Hopefully he has enough equipment to finish up the tour?

Man, I thought last night was the gonna be the night it finally happens. grrrr.
    8/13/16

Kid is going to be really good. Hate that he won't be at Tyler County Sunday for the 5k but been rooting for him on the SN tour.

Kid is a shoe…..He was always one of my favorites in the modifieds past few years. Drove well above his age in those also.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

He just can't catch a break. did he wreck the body on the car so bad they just had to tape a number to it?

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    He just can't catch a break. did he wreck the body on the car so bad they just had to tape a number to it?
    They spent an off day at Jason Feger's putting a new body on it after Kye Blight drove right in front of him entering turn 1 at the start of a heat, bounced off the wall, and landed on top of him. Wrong place at the wrong time. Drake has been fast most night's at tracks he has never raced before, but has had no luck at all. The kid is very impressive and mature for his age for sure.

He is fun to watch. About got one tonight at Benton. Heck of a race tonight.

Love The Drake! He's a new favorite for sure. Can't wait to see him in victory lane.

The Drake got used up pretty bad last night. Hopefully he doesn't get penalized for exiting his car and walking out onto the track.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    The Drake got used up pretty bad last night. Hopefully he doesn't get penalized for exiting his car and walking out onto the track.
    If he walked onto the track, hopefully he DOES get penalized. Maybe a lesson he won't forget.

I read elsewhere he said they may be loading up and heading home and regrouping after using up a lot of their equipment.

He can't catch a break. Car didn't look good. Is the frame bent?

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    If he walked onto the track,
    It was borderline.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by IL LM Fan View Post
    He can't catch a break. Car didn't look good. Is the frame bent?
    I read that he said it was the steering rack was f'd. Dang shame. That kid really puts on a show.

i can see troutman doing very well in this sport. kid can drive it now! looks good wherever he runs.

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    i can see troutman doing very well in this sport. kid can drive it now! looks good wherever he runs.
    Yeah. I think it's just going to take time for him to learn the finer points of driving. I'm sure he misses his father's guidance in that area. You can't teach fast though. You can teach them how to slow down, or so they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Yes he did. First by Winger, then Gardner..

He is easily one of the best young talents in dirt late model racing right now and I believe he is only going to get better over time. That first major win is quickly becoming long overdue for Drake and the team.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

I’m not saying he didn’t get knocked around a bit, but my first thought when I saw the racing there…the track isn’t well lit and that black car with no graphics….I’ve done a bit of dirt track racing in my day…that car is hard to see. I’m not saying that’s why he got knocked around I’m saying it’s not safe if he gets knocked sideways or something he’s going to get a door job and I do not want to see that happen. It’s not easy to see a black car in the heat of battle in a crowd like that. All black and no bling on there to catch your attention.

^^ That’s a very good point! I hadn’t even thought of that and I raced myself 40 years ago age 18-24.