Thumbs up Lake Cumberland Speedway - UMP Summer Nationals race pushed back to Monday

Lake Cumberland Speedway
    Burnside, Kentucky

UMP Summer Nationals race pushed back to Monday, July 3rd, 2023

Summer Nationals Pushed to following day Monday July 3rd ‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️
    Same start times with Fireworks show💥💥
    ✅Summer Nationals already in town and high probably of rain this evening with storms best deal is to race Monday night when weather is great and sunny ! Lots of rain moved thru early am and we want to get this show in ….
    All Classes ✅Mods. ✅✅Super Stocks ✅✅Crates & Hobby Stocks !!!
    See ya Monday night !!! 7pm
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

They kinda crapped all over the 5k mudlick special. Not sure what the deal it is with Kentucky tracks doing this to each other. Florence is only place that doesn't do this.

i dont no if it was the track or the summer nationals that made the call but tazewell will take some from them.

In the case of the SN race..I can kind of understand it in the sense that its a 1 shot deal for that series. The flip side..is that this routinely happens with a couple tracks in the state of KY and people absolutely WILL NOT speak up about it and change the culture around here. Some regularly parade around tooting about how much they care about the racers and the fans and the sport in our state but actions speak louder than words.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    In the case of the SN race..I can kind of understand it in the sense that its a 1 shot deal for that series. The flip side..is that this routinely happens with a couple tracks in the state of KY and people absolutely WILL NOT speak up about it and change the culture around here. Some regularly parade around tooting about how much they care about the racers and the fans and the sport in our state but actions speak louder than words.
    14 cars for a SummerNats race is embarrassing. Hell, even Terre Haute drew more every year. Sucks for Hardgrove.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

i love terre haute! old school badd azz real race track!

It sucks for all those fans in the stands!
    Less $$ the track has to pay out but also less pit passss sold for the super late models.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    They kinda crapped all over the 5k mudlick special. Not sure what the deal it is with Kentucky tracks doing this to each other. Florence is only place that doesn't do this.
    Dont think they hurt them much. Mudlick 31 for 5K Lake Cumberland 14 for 7500Tazewell 20 for 21K

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    Dont think they hurt them much. Mudlick 31 for 5K Lake Cumberland 14 for 7500Tazewell 20 for 21K
    They probably hurt themselves on this deal more than anything. The crowd at mudlick was a full house. I never seen the crowd at LCS to know if they at least got a crowd or not

Seen a picture on LCS facebook and said near capacity crowd !

Last night was a great opportunity for Parker Martin or Tyler Clem to get a win. Winger spoiled the party. Gotta hand it to Clem. Didn't think he'd last this long.
    8/13/16

He may be the driver Big Frog has been searching for?
    For the amount of late model experience he has- I think he has been impressive on the he’ll tour.
    Just my 2 cents worth tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Last night was a great opportunity for Parker Martin or Tyler Clem to get a win. Winger spoiled the party. Gotta hand it to Clem. Didn't think he'd last this long.
    Not hard to spoil the party when you pin your competiton in the concrete wall every night. He better be glad he stayed away from David Webb after the race.Drake Troutman owes him a couple too!!!

Well, guess Tyler has had his fill. Heading home. I'd say he did OK. Made quite a few features. For a first timer, I'd give him a B- to C+.
    8/13/16

Tyler and Big Frog went home to prepare for the upcoming Ray Cook’s Southern Nationals-12 race series.