Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best tracks for Fans?

As far as conditions of the stands, bathrooms, food vending, fencing and parking what are the best tracks in the country? The Midwest looks to be the best overall. These tracks in NC really are rough to say the least. Track surface may be good but stands are awful at a lot of the tracks here. I’m convinced I need to take a few weeks every summer to hit the Midwest to see whatthe tracks are like.

Lawrenceburg and Wheatland hands down

Lucas Oil Speeway in Wheatland, MO is pretty good. Knoxville is really good if you get a set above about row 20 or so because of the haulers in the infield.

A couple Carolina tracks have done a nice job with the facility and track layout improvements over the years……lakeview in SC is leaps and bounds better than it has ever been and the track configuration is getting dialed in for good racing also……visit if you can.

Fayetteville has always had a cool facility for fans, plenty of parking, concrete grandstands and now they have a racey track to race on after the reconfigure……if they ever figure out what clock is and realize fans can’t leave at 1 or 2 on a regular basis then that place could be dynamite…..as it is, it’s much better racing than before.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Never been to Wheatland. I'd say Knoxville. During the sprint car nationals, there are no haulers allowed in infield so the view is not obstructed.

I've only been to one Late Model Nationals at Knoxville where the haulers weren't in the infield. Never been there for the sprints.

The Mag in Columbus, MS is very nice, if they could improve the racing surface a little.
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

I will have to go back to Fayetteville. It’s been many years

Weedsport Speedway in NY

Lucas Oil Speedway is by far the best.

Facility wise, Vado, and Lucas Oil, are way ahead of the other roughly 95 tracks I have been to.. Knoxville , Grand Forks, and Cedar Lake, are the rest of my top five.

Fans wise, you just can't come close to what Eldora and Fairbury present. Each of these tracks offer a racing "vibe" like no others.

And... Because it's winter, you can never go wrong with East Bay or Volusia in February.

Skagit Speedway, Alger WA. You will NOT believe how clean things are when you pull in. NO trash, every blade of grass is proper, tile floor bathrooms (NO piss troughs) that are friggin spotless. Gray's Harbor, Hannigan, and the mini-sprint track up near Hannigan are the same way.

For facilities, comfort, clean…you can’t beat Lucas. However the racing usually isn’t that great. For atmosphere and racing….you want FALS. I’m sure there are others but I just haven’t visited them. Now the World is hard to beat from the camping to the atmosphere and races. But for weekly…see above.

Wheatlands facilities was really nice.most the facility is paved and real clean from what i remember… more recently Davenport speedway in Iowa really impressed me.. not only is the racing always great but there’s a lot of covered seating and bathrooms were modern and better than most.

^
    Wondering when someone would mention Davenport. 👏
    8/13/16

Charlotte is good for the fans because there is a world of things to do in that area. The facility isn't too shabby either. My friends and I always enjoyed going to Virginia Motor Speedway too.

Quote Originally Posted by GrocMax View Post
    Skagit Speedway, Alger WA. You will NOT believe how clean things are when you pull in. NO trash, every blade of grass is proper, tile floor bathrooms (NO piss troughs) that are friggin spotless. Gray's Harbor, Hannigan, and the mini-sprint track up near Hannigan are the same way.
    While I love the racing at Deer Creek Speedway, they only have port-a-pots available for men's restrooms. This is the kind of thing you might expect to see in the south.

They seriously need to consider putting in some permanent restrooms.

Port royal- concrete/asphalt everywhere. They have people working in the bathrooms. Beautiful views around the area and a phenomenal race track. Nice grandstands as well

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    While I love the racing at Deer Creek Speedway, they only have port-a-pots available for men's restrooms. This is the kind of thing you might expect to see in the south.

They seriously need to consider putting in some permanent restrooms.
    Wythe speedway in rural retreat VA. Has the best bathroom
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Port Royal, Deer Creek, Marshalltown, IA and Wheatland are the tracks I would like to go to. I've driven by Deer Creek on my way to the Mayo Clinic and it just looks like a neat track from the road.