Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Feger vs Unzicker

I was following the MARS series pretty closely this year and last and have been really entertained by the battles between Feger and Unzicker. They've been very evenly matched. I'm a Feger fan and never cared much for Unzicker, but their rivalry on the track has given me new found respect for Ryan.

Macon was another 1-2 finish for the pair. They always race each other clean, which I appreciate. Really enjoying what is becoming a classic match up and on track rivalry.

Both work hard for their equipment, dont tear much stuff up, race each other and others clean. It's been fun to watch!

Totally agree on their respect for each other. Also love how both are family focused. Both have their wive's and children around them much of the time. Easy for fans to relate to their rivalry.

some kids play well with others in the sand box. some don't or just can't control themselves, in said box.

playing nice together shows respect, skill and ability over the others, a true showing of dominance. that's racing!

If you look at Ryan Unzicker's race performances from the last couple years he often passes a lot of cars. He's usually identified as the - On The Move - driver of the race. For passing a bunch of cars on the track you don't hear or read stories of him using other people up. He's often one of the better operators at making the bottom of the track work to his liking so he's not in the conversation of dirty sliders. I get the impression that the two of them are friends and they race each other with respect.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Unzicker, Feger, and you can throw in Babb and Shirley as well. These guys have raced against each other for years. If you added up just the SN races alone, that number is huge. They race each other hard but rarely rub. It's been enjoyable to watch for years.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Unzicker, Feger, and you can throw in Babb and Shirley as well. These guys have raced against each other for years. If you added up just the SN races alone, that number is huge. They race each other hard but rarely rub. It's been enjoyable to watch for years.
    Look at the Macon Summernationals, those four raced HARD with each other for 100 laps and if they did touch, it was nothing that did any real damage. There’s a difference between “sliders” and “dirty sliders…”

respect for each other for sure
    Racenut Rambles on Facebook

^
    Amen x 2 with 0 /s!

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post

playing nice together shows respect, skill and ability over the others, a true showing of dominance. that's racing!
    That may be your best line ever. Very well said and certainly applies to these guys.

I'm all for a clean race, but if someone has to take a line away or rub a little that's fine too. The pussification of racing will be the end of good racing, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    I'm all for a clean race, but if someone has to take a line away or rub a little that's fine too. The pussification of racing will be the end of good racing, IMO.
    I don't think anyone would disagree with you on that, but it seems to me that all of the greats raced clean. I'm not sure about Moyer, Bloomquist and Freddy since their early days were before my time, but they never struck me as dirty. There is a difference between hard clean racing and being pussies. To me, the biggest pussies are the ones that run dirty.

I think the best saying on the subject is race guys how they race you. It seems the older drivers get, the more they can use skill and experience, while it seems the drivers that are the most reckless are the younger guys. The ones with talent learn.

Spot on Snake....that's why I think Terbo couldn't drive a warm d!ck up a snowman 's azz sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby_32d View Post
    Spot on Snake....that's why I think Terbo couldn't drive a warm d!ck up a snowman 's azz sometimes.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 never heard that one before. Good job gumby!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

"the biggest pussies are the ones that run dirty."

phrase of the decade award right there^!

you absolutely nailed it, snake!!

I couldn't agree more. Heck Pierce and Sheppard just raced each other pretty hard tonight at Deer Creek and never touched

Quote Originally Posted by gumby_32d View Post
    LMAO! Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Heck Pierce and Sheppard just raced each other pretty hard tonight at Deer Creek and never touched
    bobby has learned who not to f with. I'll give him that.

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    bobby has learned who not to f with. I'll give him that.
    Ha ha ha ha OK

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Ha ha ha ha OK
    oh, i guess he hasn't then, ok. my bad.