Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucas Oil

Same scenario happened with Rocket1 a couple years ago, but Shepp was awarded the victory. Happened at the midwest track that has a 1/4 mile inside a 1/2 mile that share the front straightaway. Transponders said one thing, eyesight said different. If you score the entire race by transponder there's no need for discussion. Maybe tracks should have indicators showing exactly where the scoring loops are.

Ride height, the problem is there is no way to put it on the exact same spot unless it's the tip of the nose. A race is won when a person or vehicle breaks an imaginary vertical plane at a finish line.

You put it on the rr axle tube, my nose can be well behind the other guy, if I'm running real sideways, and I'll be declared the winner by transponder
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

There aren’t transponders on horses and I assure you the photo finishes are commonplace. They have no problem awarding the proper winner. Again…the transponders and the computer….you can’t argue with they accuracy of time, but unless they are mounted on the very tip of the nose…, you’re going have this sort of thing. It’s not an opinion…it’s physics. This is assuming the finish line in directly in front of the flagman. If the finish line is 5 yards to the left of the flagman…in this case…then 32 clearly is the winner. But anybody with normal vision can see the blue cars nose crosses in front of the flagman first. Albeit it’s very very close. Transponders are excellent for timing and scoring UNTIL you have a case like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I hate Mark Richards.
    so doesn't lucas apparently.

dirty bobby got a gift.

I agree 100%. They are a scoring tool. They are not an absolute judge or arbiter.

They can only become absolute, if you suspend the concept of how a race has been won since the dawn of man.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

How do they not put the transponder on the nose??? The back rr axle… are you kidding? if I was a 10 year old kid I’d think to put the transponder on the front of my bicycle. The back of the f***ing car? Haha that can’t be correct. It’s really placed at the back of the car?

The scoring loop may be a know fact among the series and competitors for scoring. I’m watching from home.
    Last edited by gorj; 07-09-2023 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Information

Another tough call to be made by Rick and staff. I wouldn’t want to be in their shoes. James did mention they checked to verify the transponders were mounted at the same location on each car. 2023 LOLMDS Rule Book-
    F.) Checkered Flag
    i.) The checkered flag signifies the completion of the event. All cars must pass underneath the checkered flag to be scored correctly on the final lap of the event.
    ii.) Any race and/or qualifying attempt is not completed until the checkered flag is displayed.

To avoid the ridiculous accusations of favoritism, there has to be an impartial judge for the winner. Transponders are used so these idiot conspiracy theorists don't have a leg to stand on, yet it doesn't stop them anyway. It looked to me like Hud was the first to the line, but the computers, which are impartial said no.

I feel awful for Hud. He's a good kid. But Bobby won. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I hate Mark Richards. His car won by 4 photo angles. His car has P1 on the lap by lap data on MRP

I've seen eldora overturn a finish when the video clearly shows one car and " lap data" said another.
    People hate Mark Richards?? Jk mastersbilt…..it looked like rocket 1 won it to me from the recliner also.
    Not sure how anyone can bitch about how it was scored when they use the transponder literally for every official timed lap……hook ‘em horns and congrats to the 32 crew.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Default Transponders

If they score the qualifying and lap scoring by the flag wave and crossing under it then I would be a little more sympathetic to the argument that it looks like Hudson finished first…but they don’t, they do every other situational timing and scoring with the transponders……if we are going to dismiss them at the finish then let’s dismiss them with everything and go back to manual scoring and qualifying through the whole event.
    Can’t have it both ways imo…..tough break for Hudson, but he lost.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    To avoid the ridiculous accusations of favoritism, there has to be an impartial judge for the winner. Transponders are used so these idiot conspiracy theorists don't have a leg to stand on, yet it doesn't stop them anyway. It looked to me like Hud was the first to the line, but the computers, which are impartial said no.

I feel awful for Hud. He's a good kid. But Bobby won. End of story.
    Computer is impartial, but used a different criteria. You could change the outcome of a horse race if you placed a transponder on the left rear leg.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Barbeque,

I can't agree. They are good timers. They can't determine which car breaks an imaginary plane. The transponder has made some bad optics several times over the years.

You are talking about retraining people on what it means to finish a race first. We learn that in grade school and humans have been using the concept from the dawn of man.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 07-09-2023 at 09:50 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, if the drivers are told or already know how the finish will be determined at the end of a race. Nothing else matters. I guess that's why we didn't hear Hudson complain to much in his post race interview. I'm sure he didn't like and thought he won at the finish line. In order to see how close it really was at the flag stand or finish line we need to see a photo that is in direct line of the finish line. It would also be nice to see a photo in direct line of the timing and scoring for the transponders.

If everyone has the transponder mounted on the vertical tube nearest the engine mount, they should all be the same. Any time a track official changes out a transponder, they are working under the front wheel well. I've never known one to be mounted on the rear axle tube.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    If everyone has the transponder mounted on the vertical tube nearest the engine mount, they should all be the same. Any time a track official changes out a transponder, they are working under the front wheel well. I've never known one to be mounted on the rear axle tube.
    Some tracks/series use rear axle tube. For your example to be as good as it could be, it would need to be on the lower control arm. But, it isn't.they are easily placed inches off, car to car, compared to front bumper point.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

They simply need to place a definitive marker at the "line" with a camera straight down that line. That in combination with transponder would go a long ways to removing confusion or questionable outcomes. But just like the droop rule they will avoid making what should be an easy decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrews42FAN View Post
    They simply need to place a definitive marker at the "line" with a camera straight down that line. That in combination with transponder would go a long ways to removing confusion or questionable outcomes. But just like the droop rule they will avoid making what should be an easy decision.
    They like it to be cloudy. There's no camera at the droop check. The rule is also very fallible as an equalizer of competition.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Loops not matching flag stands is just plain dumb. It’s 2023, what are we doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrews42FAN View Post
    that would make it to hard to sway towards their in particular fav at the time.