Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucas Oil

Default Lucas Oil

For Christ sake Schwally, race monitor doesn't lie.
    8/13/16

I was afraid they were going to play favorites there for a second. The only evidence of a “finish line” is provided through timing and scoring, and the Pierce’s transponder passed the line first. He won.

I blame Chastain.

BENGHAZI! EMAILS! PANT SUITS!

Sparks were flying last couple laps. Pierce still in a longhorn?
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

That was some darn good racing! Kind of unorganized, but the racing was outstanding.
    Last edited by Driver50x; 07-08-2023 at 10:58 PM.

Awesome race! Deer Creek is a place.

Maybe the most underrated track in the country. Even without the last lap pass, that race was FANtastic.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Sparks were flying last couple laps. Pierce still in a longhorn?
    Yes. Yes he is!

What a race! What a finish! I'm a big fan of both drivers, so win/win for me, but that post-race interview with Hud was just heartbreaking. I really felt awful for him. But...Bobby PIERRRRRRRRRRRRCE!

Great race from start to finish

Too bad they didn't show the viewers where the scoring loop was. From my seat it looked like Hud won but who knows where the scoring loop is.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Maybe the most underrated track in the country. Even without the last lap pass, that race was FANtastic.
    yeah. I love that track. Great racing all over. Just a shame it got a bit too top dominant at the end, but no complaints with a track like that.

Lucas oil race....im.suprised they didn't give it to the Lucas regular

Yeah since Mark makes the rules…. At least that’s what I’ve been told.

Actually, Hudson's transponder said "P1", DennisErbFan

If you do the math of the transponder output, and accept the transponder locations as equal, the math from the difference in lap 74 and 75 says Pierce by .001, but the transponder output of position had Hudson P1

The actual finish line should be official anyway, like it is at Eldora. The transponder is just a scoring aid.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 07-09-2023 at 05:30 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

If the flag stand is the finish line , clearly the 1 car had a nose out front. That’s not my opinion…that’s pure facts, and I’m not even a fan of the 1 car, nor am I against the 32 car.

You are 100% correct ride height. I'm not sure if or when we quit using the finish line to determine races.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    You are 100% correct ride height. I'm not sure if or when we quit using the finish line to determine races.
    Hudson won that race at the finish line. Transponder location shenanigans are lame. Congrats to Bobby though.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

It's pretty obvious that some are just a little biased. Do you really think Flo sets their camera's perfectly perpendicular to the start finish line? The camera view everyone watched on Flo is not guaranteed perfect. Sure it looked like Hud won. I thought he won. Went straight to race monitor. Pierce by .002 seconds.
    Why anyone would think live timing is not the accurate way to determine the winner is by me.
    And by the way, I'm pullin for Huddy to win it. Not Pierce. But again, I try not to let favoritism sway my opinion like some do.
    8/13/16

It's pretty obvious that some are just a little biased. Do you really think Flo sets their camera's perfectly perpendicular to the start finish line? The camera view everyone watched on Flo is not guaranteed perfect. Sure it looked like Hud won. I thought he won. Went straight to race monitor. Pierce by .002 seconds.
    Why anyone would think live timing is not the accurate way to determine the winner is by me.
    And by the way, I'm pullin for Huddy to win it. Not Pierce. But again, I try not to let favoritism sway my opinion like some do.
    I hate Mark Richards. His car won by 4 photo angles. His car has P1 on the lap by lap data on MRP

I've seen eldora overturn a finish when the video clearly shows one car and " lap data" said another.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Going by your logic on the transponders…which I agree in a perfect world it’s hard to argue with a computer on timing….the transponders would have to be placed EXACTLY in the same place on every car. Which I’m sure it’s not. So…it’s.the transponders that win…not the actual car. I personally don’t care which car wins….but I do care if someone gets cheated by a computer or it’s sensor placement. Both of these kids are hard racing drivers. Let’s let the car thats nose actually hits the finish line first be the winner, (i.e…a horse race) not a device that’s not even on the very front of the car.