Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucas Oil

Well someone woke up pssed off😄
    8/13/16

We still don’t know who really won…….Tire rule lady hasn’t spoken yet, just sayin.

We normally always wait for the official results at a big race, no big deal……isn’t this exciting????
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

1) wait for guy behind curtain to call when transponder crossed invisible line
    2) wait for guy with harbor freight tape measure to see if rear end hangs correctly when chassis is jacked up
    3) wait for tire test
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

i noticed the angry guy on here this morning implemented into his post "common sense" lmao!

obviously, we've tossed that out the window in this sport.

Tire rule, lol…….
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Bobby won. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    Bobby won. End of story.
    He got the check, end of story.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I'm not angry, its just foolish. When you allow these things to happen the integrity of the sport is lost. I really don't care who won the race. You race to the finish line and the checkered flag.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    I'm not angry, its just foolish. When you allow these things to happen the integrity of the sport is lost. I really don't care who won the race. You race to the finish line and the checkered flag.
    oh im with you 100%, im sure all are but a few with this. the guy getting the check didnt win tho.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    1) wait for guy behind curtain to call when transponder crossed invisible line2) wait for guy with harbor freight tape measure to see if rear end hangs correctly when chassis is jacked up3) wait for tire test
    The ticker across the top of the screen even said Pierce had won, then they immediatly turned it off. As far as i know, any doubts about the finish, the transponder has the final say. I think it was Davenport Speedway with Shep and RTJ a while ago the same deal happened.

The two prominent photos shared from the broadcast, and one infield photo, are both so far from where any start finish line would be, none of them could be used to determine the finish. That being said, transponders don't lie, and if there was a huge issue, it could be appealed to Lucas.
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

^ this is a more then likely spot on. in that case, why take photos at the flags stand and call it a photo finish?

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    I can honestly say this decision is the biggest load of crap I have ever seen in DLM racing. This is beyond pathetic, and its even worse that people say its where the transponder line is. Why have a stupid start finish line? why have a checkered flag? Why lead us to believe the race ends at the flag stand? So I guess we will NEVER see a photo finish again, it doesn't matter what our eyes see, We are to trust the transponder results, use the transponders during the race, common sense says the winner is who crosses the start-finish line first.
    The Rocket 1 won a race at Davenport where it appeared they got 2nd, but the transponder said different. Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug. Personally, I want more definitive results than someones blurred vision, the transponder does that.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    The Rocket 1 won a race at Davenport where it appeared they got 2nd, but the transponder said different. Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug. Personally, I want more definitive results than someones blurred vision, the transponder does that.
    That's because the transponders where not in the same place on the car, one had the transponder mount farther back then was allowed and the other was as forward as allowed (something to that effect)

That's why they checked transponders on both cars this time. I know once at Magnolia in a heat race coming to the finish for the final transfer spot between 2 cars. You could clearly see the other car beat BMJ to the line by 1/2 a car, Shelton was announcing and said other car gets the transfer as it was clear as day, but then saw the scoring monitor show BMJ and you could clearly see/hear Ben was confused. Well come to find out BMJ's crew put the transponder on the bumper when it was supposed to be on the axle.

Now if this haven't been so clear by eye to everyone that it was wrong, BMJ would have gotten the transfer spot as no one would have looked to see it was in the wrong spot.

I still say like many the transponder is what we should go off of, but there needs to be a clear marking where the transponder line/finish line actually is so the fans know. Either clearly mark the transponder line as the finish or move the transponder line to the actual finish line and be done with it.

Here is a question that should be asked?

Do all the chassis have the front of the frame where the bumper attaches (where they say the transponder has to go) the same length to the front of the nose? Meaning say a rocket has a shorter frame and a longer bumper vs a longhorn that has a longer frame and shorter bumper?

So do teams need to start making the frames longer and the bumpers shorter? I can see an extended frame and a 4" long bumper coming soon, lol

There is plenty of integrity in this sport. You have to look know further than Hudson O'neal and there are plenty of others.

No matter the result, it was a great race. The only reason any of this is even being discussed is because of what a tremendous race this was. Shame someone had to lose. Schwallie has a very tough job. No matter what he did, he was going to lose.

The variables involved should automatically make it clear that transponders should not be used as an absolute finish line end of the race. Mark the finish line so everyone knows and video tape or photograph the end of the race at the official finish line. It’s all pretty basic common sense. You measure a win by the nose of the car, not a transponder further back on the car. What racing fan or contestant ever saw a race where it didn’t end on a defined finish line which is normally directly under the waving checkered flag?

If you could just put the cameras directly behind the flagstand, problem solved.
    Then again, not all tracks have seating behind the flagstand. Most tracks were built long before they ever thought they'd have cameras filming the race.
    8/13/16

What's wrong with making the finish line in the exact same location of the timing and scoring loop. That way it will make some happy. I didn't even care where the finish line was. It was just a fun race and exciting finish. I hope I see the same thing at the next race. This will really get some going. I read on DoD where a guy said the flag stand is just a decorative spot where the checkered flag is waved in this electronic data racing world.

Unfortunately Kid, that last sentence is now reality.
    8/13/16