Thread: Highland

Default Highland

Been praising this place since last year when I was there for the Summer Nationals. Well last night I did just the opposite. Was very disappointed in how it was ran. First when you have over 100 cars total in the pits, how about we start at 6pm and not 7pm. Qualifying was crazy. They bring the first group into the infield. Then they are out of order and that takes time to sort out. They let cars out on the back stretch and should have taken the green right then, but they got a whole lap before they took time. Some cars got 2 laps before they officially took the green. Heat race #1 didn’t start until after 9pm. I don’t care what track it is, that is unacceptable. Because I had a 3 hour drive home and didn’t want to get home at 4am, we left after heats. I know I’ll get bashed for this but come on. I never seen so much disorganization at a track ever. And another thing. I bought a box seat for $35 and I wanted to pay the difference for a pit pass. They said I had to pay $40 extra just to have a pit pass. Who does that? Why? Anywhere else you could pay the difference if you decided to go to pits. I’ll never ever be back again. Not worth my drive.
    Ok y’all bash me now since it seems like I can’t be pleased.
    Darrell Goode

[url]wwww.facebook.com/goodeguitarlessons

Highland is good for midget races. Too small for Lates. Last time I went…we left early. But that’s been awhile.

Unacceptable.
    After the Lucas race I checked in on Highland. Couldn't believe they were running that far behind. Figured they had rain.
    You've got a legitimate b1tch.
    8/13/16

I agree completely. HOW ABOUT UMP DIRTCAR influence the tracks to help the races get going on time and over at a reasonable time. I like the feature racing at Highland. But who does an autograph session after 11:00 at night!! Farmer City was super late too. Do the tracks not realize how bad it looks for them. Yes, Highland was packed, but people were leaving before the feature.

Haubstadt gets it. Done by 9:30
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    I agree completely. HOW ABOUT UMP DIRTCAR influence the tracks to help the races get going on time and over at a reasonable time. I like the feature racing at Highland. But who does an autograph session after 11:00 at night!! Farmer City was super late too. Do the tracks not realize how bad it looks for them. Yes, Highland was packed, but people were leaving before the feature.
    I've been saying this for weeks. To hear Driggers's talk, there's more tracks that want dates than dates available. If that's the case then UMP holds the all the cards and they need to play them.
    You can run the show any way you want but on a weeknight, the late model feature will be on the track by 9:30pm. On the weekend, 10pm. If you have to prioritize the late models, so be it the that's the way it's going to be.

As far as Farmer City...The 24 hours of Farmer City...pay for one day of racing and get two at Farmer City. There's been a lot of talk about how the town doesn't want the track there anymore. Maybe getting your program over at a decent hour and the town might feel different. If you can't run an efficient show, maybe you shouldn't have 4 classes on a Summernationals night.

That's my biggest gripe about the SN tour, they take zero to little ownership in how the race program is run. There should be rules on how many classes a track can run. Occasionally they will move the late model feature up in the running order, but that is reactive instead of proactive.

I read on here that only down south tracks have this problem? Wtf?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I read on here that only down south tracks have this problem? Wtf?
    I mean that’s your average race in the south.

Haubstadt is in the south?

Quote Originally Posted by 427c.i. View Post
    I've been saying this for weeks. To hear Driggers's talk, there's more tracks that want dates than dates available. If that's the case then UMP holds the all the cards and they need to play them.
    You can run the show any way you want but on a weeknight, the late model feature will be on the track by 9:30pm. On the weekend, 10pm. If you have to prioritize the late models, so be it the that's the way it's going to be.

As far as Farmer City...The 24 hours of Farmer City...pay for one day of racing and get two at Farmer City. There's been a lot of talk about how the town doesn't want the track there anymore. Maybe getting your program over at a decent hour and the town might feel different. If you can't run an efficient show, maybe you shouldn't have 4 classes on a Summernationals night.
    When BDS ran Tyler County they had a policy where the late model feature would be on the track by 9:30 regardless of where they were at in the program. It was one of the best policies in dirt racing and I used to go a lot more often than I do now. Now they make everybody sit through the prelims for their 13 modified divisions (at least it feels like 13 with all the wrecks and solo spins) and they hold you hostage until the wee hours of the morning. That is not a good business model for any racetrack. The Summernationals would get a lot more support if they had a 9:30 feature policy.

Hell Tour shows also shouldn't be allowed to have more than 3 divisions. The Tri-State program last night was perfect with 2 divisions. That is plenty.
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 07-10-2023 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    Haubstadt is in the south?
    That’s not what I said. I was referring to BBQ post. But I’m just busting his chops.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    When BDS ran Tyler County they had a policy where the late model feature would be on the track by 9:30 regardless of where they were at in the program. It was one of the best policies in dirt racing and I used to go a lot more often than I do now. Now they make everybody sit through the prelims for their 13 modified divisions and hold you hostage until the wee hours of the morning. That is not a good business for any racetrack. The Summernationals would get a lot more support if they had a 9:30 feature policy.

Hell Tour shows also shouldn't be allowed to have more than 3 divisions. The Tri-State program last night was perfect with 2 divisions. That is plenty.
    Yes that was a great rule by BDS and yes Tyler county runs lots of classes but the late model feature is almost always done by 11pm. That’s acceptable. I was home by 11:45 Saturday evening. Starting the late model feature anytime after 11 is not acceptable imo.

Default Chops busted

All good penn, and for the most part you’re right….my point was to read on here it’s only the south.

I’ve watched almost all of the summer nationals….I watched all of deer creek etc….it doesn’t seem to be only in the south these days.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Prior to this past weekend, the weekday SN shows have done really well as far as getting the program over at a decent hour.
    8/13/16

"That’s not what I said. I was referring to BBQ post. But I’m just busting his chops."

you weren't who i was asking lol.

I sent them an email but they didn’t even respond. I don’t mean to bash them but they deserve some criticism over that night. And I think it was Rusty Griffaw doing the prayer? He said if Steve Francis is watching to book a WoO race there. That is laughable at this point. But yeah they could do it. But they need to get it together.
    Darrell Goode

[url]wwww.facebook.com/goodeguitarlessons