Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    JD is also tired of racing. He just wants to start from the pole.
    also if he would qualify he wouldn't be back there, in the words of a great friend, "if your back there with the crap, its not there fault, its yours"
    and I've seen him rough folks up too, so he isn't an angel either

take out eldora and he hasnt had a banner year im sure hes frustrated when rtj and pierce have been the horns everyone is talkin about this year

Davenport is a great race car driver, even if he does start up front at Eldora, rarely does anyone pass him, At the green flag starts, hes got a 10 car lead going into turn one. I agree people like RTJ, Pierce, Tmac, Blair, English, Hoffman and Hudson are vary good at getting to the front passing cars, while JD actually struggles passing cars on long runs. But that being said, however you feel about his car, he gets the job done and wins at Eldora with what he is given.

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    also if he would qualify he wouldn't be back there, in the words of a great friend, "if your back there with the crap, its not there fault, its yours"
    and I've seen him rough folks up too, so he isn't an angel either
    dam straight! ^

I guess Superman forgot early in the season when was finishing around 7-10th place on a regular basis and starting up front in features and going backwards he was throwing haymakers, rubbing others and bending sheet metal. I kinda like it when there’s a little controversy on the track because the announcers honestly don’t know what to say when it happens because they keep one hand in every driver’s pants and the other on the microphone and they don’t want to say a bad work about anyone.

If you want to talk about starting mid pack one would have to look at TMAC. He's been on the struggle bus most of the year and has been abysmal in qualifying. Might have to change his handle to BMAC.... He's my favorite Lucas regular, but for the resources that team has he needs to step his Q game up.

I don't like to see any racer doing hail Mary slide jobs and winding up body slamming and or wrecking others. 99 Senior did a lot of this and maybe it's rubbing off on Devon to do the same.

It's important to qualify near the front and avoid having to drive rough to make gains.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

In just about every form of dirt racing I've seen, it seems to only be the late models that have a problem with slide jobs. Some get it. Some don't.
    I'll give you a example.
    Kylie Larson will slide you once, twice, maybe 3 times and leave you a lane to turn under him. That 4th time? He's gonna park it right in front of you. Seen it a 100 times and I've never seen anyone complain. It's part of racing.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Andrews42FAN View Post
    If you want to talk about starting mid pack one would have to look at TMAC. He's been on the struggle bus most of the year and has been abysmal in qualifying. Might have to change his handle to BMAC.... He's my favorite Lucas regular, but for the resources that team has he needs to step his Q game up.

On the long distance races let's say 60 and up if Timmy starts deep he usually finishes in top 3 or wins. If he starts up front he seems to not fair so well. I've seen him do this a lot. I'm not sure if it comes from his bb mod days or the car takes that long to hook up w there set up.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    JD is also tired of racing. He just wants to start from the pole.
    I've noticed that as well. He doesnt drive anything like he used to.

I don't see much to complain about for any driver on track conduct this year. Sliders as was said are part to the sport. Moran has been racing harder this year, and other than one instance, he has been fine IMO

As for JD, one thing i noticed this year. His cars tend to give up in longer races. That is other than Eldora. I for one, am glad to see him not running off from the pole every race. I have nothing against the man, he is a great driver and we all know that. But I don't think anyone enjoys a driver going from the poie and dominating all the races.

Also, what these older guys tend to forget (JD, McCreadie, etc). They were all wild in their younger days. 4m use to blow up with JDs driving in his 20s.

Don't blame him a bit for his payback hit to Daulton Wilson in the $100K XR race at OFFROAD.

jd intentionally ran a car into the wall. he should have been parked!

It wouldnt suprise me at all to see the 49 team shut down at seasons end. When Jason left, it left a big void. IMO they seem burnt out, and when JD made the comment after the dream "who knows, we may sell all this (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) and buy a boat", well I think theres more behind that. He said they are not going to the PDC which he rarely runs well at.

That's what happens when you win too much, you get burnt out. Nothing to the fault of JD, but he's accomplished almost everything there is to accomplish, and when you're not winning every other race like he was accustomed to, I'm sure it takes a toll.

give him back them funny tars a his or the other tricks and gadgets he got away with and he'll be fine again.

Lol don’t get me wrong JD paid his dues and is the “ people’s’ champ” but heaven forbid if you beat and bang today. I miss the olds of the cars sliding into the corners and moving it up. Now they are glorified wedge cars. I know I know, “ get back in the house grandpa.”

Quote Originally Posted by Trax53 View Post
    Don't blame him a bit for his payback hit to Daulton Wilson in the $100K XR race at OFFROAD.
    What he did to Wilson last night was bush league. Its not like Wilson horribly over drove the entry and bank boarded into JD and punted him. It was a 3-wide racing deal.

J D trying to find some clean air for that cape !