Default Keeping pads away from rotors

What is the best way to keep the brake pads away from rotors or to return to a non touching position? I have Superlite calipers on with 1.25 rotors after practice or a race they are tight against the rotors not allowing the rear end to turn free. It'll turn but has resistance due to brakes touching the rotors? Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    What is the best way to keep the brake pads away from rotors or to return to a non touching position? I have Superlite calipers on with 1.25 rotors after practice or a race they are tight against the rotors not allowing the rear end to turn free. It'll turn but has resistance due to brakes touching the rotors? Any help would be appreciated.
    Keeping the pistons as far in the bore as possible. As the bores wear, the pistons start sticking. The farther out they protrude, the quicker the bores become out of round. Keeping them cool helps too.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

You might crank open a bleeder screw to double check there isn't some residual fluid pressure happening there.
    IF there is, a common thing to the pedal height not allowing the MC piston to fully return and uncover the port in the bottom of the reservoir.

Everything stated above but also rebuild the calipers the seals are square cut and supposed to flex pull the piston back. They get hard and don't after awhile the seal kits are cheap and theirs nothing to rebuilding them

I just went through all this on my superlites in my 2010 Rocket.

Rebuild with new piston seals, flushed all the brake lines, flushed / cleaned the master cylinder reservoirs , and all is well with pads retracting like the should. The previously would stick like you said.

Also make sure the pads are evenly worn, not a bit sideways with one piston coming out farther than the other. Mine had a bit of that too.