Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I blame it on blackford

great race last night at ponderosa...marlar came from a consi to pass pierce with 4 to go...here this is a dirt racing 4m and not a word mentioned....as a matter of fact there have been several big paying races that were exciting and once again....very little or no mention...it got me thinking....what has happened to this board??? those of us that have been around since the late 90's can sure see the difference...it used to be a fun place to talk about racing...dont remember it ever being a hateful cesspool of hatred like it is today...and after every race there was a civil discussion...clean witty banter...i know ol blackie is grinning right about now...hes actually pretty proud of his accomplishment...i really believe he has single handedly ruined this board...with his multiple screen names he uses to gang up on those who dont believe like he does it appears that many people agree with the crap that he spews when all reality its just one guy....or how about creating look alike screen names mimicking other 4m posters...he has done this to cause more drama and stir up more trouble...he thinks its funny....i think its a shame what he has done to this board...and its 100% him...he has run off most of the old time members...like I said nobody talks about racing....but let someone wrinkle a fender or two look out....congrats phil...you should feel proud

Marlar put on a show. Probably one of the best races Ive seen there. It was good to see a big crowd. Brandon,Larry and crew did a good job!

Makes you wonder why anyone would pay to advertise on here. The multiple screen names are ridiculous and the supposed moderators are pretty much awol. I do remember the ole days.
    8/13/16

Facebook and Twitter happened..go look there, all kinds of chatter about the race…..you’re giving blackie too much credit here.

But…….BLAME, ITS WHATS FOR DINNER, SMDH?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

And fwiw……a pierce fan pointing blame at someone else instead of looking in the mirror , lmao didn’t see that one coming.

And btw….nothing is like it was in the 90s……NOTHING.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

ok, i get it now russ. you've made it clear to me of my wicked ways. im so ashamed!

wow, lol, 7 :13 am on a Saturday and this is whats on his mind, me? dirty bobby gets an ass whoopen and its my fault im sure. you're a little bent russ but id still have that beer with ya, cheerio! lol

Traditional forums are a rapidly dying format overall. Trying to blame this particular board’s decline on any one poster is a fool’s errand.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Like others have said. It has everything to do with social media, once it came along, online forums died. That’s not to say there aren’t some dumbasses on here.

That sure was a great race Mr. Marler came " Loaded for bear " ! !

Every single thread turns into the same three or four people trading insults. If it weren't for a few level headed people with techincal know how discussing cars (mastersbilt_racer comes to mind) I wouldn't keep wasting my time here.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Every single thread turns into the same three or four people trading insults. If it weren't for a few level headed people with techincal know how discussing cars (mastersbilt_racer comes to mind) I wouldn't keep wasting my time here.
    yes you would lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    That sure was a great race Mr. Marler came " Loaded for bear " ! !
    ya mean to say, " check them there tars" dont ya ??

i think marler had on jd's funny tars. thats why jd has been runnin like the average driver he is.

Pennsboro32 is online now and is a...
    Senior Member here on 4m.net. His
    Join Date was
    Jan 2020. His
    Location is
    Pennsboro, WV. He has
    2,736 magnificent posts here
    on 4m.net.

That’s not to say there aren’t some dumbasses on here.

where??? laugh...

Too many races are being ignored on here these days. The numbers of people using the racing boards has dropped off. I beleive this is the main reason, the interest has dropped off for a number of reasons. Facebook seems to be getting a lot of the action.

In checking the Race Results section didn't see any Pond Results there as that section has really dropped off to almost only a couple of tracks and series.

That's too bad, I would have liked to see someone make a thread about the Ponderosa race with details and finishing results.

It sounds like they had a pretty good race, but I like to hear opinions, and details.

Ponderosa needs all the support they can get. I hate to see tracks closing. Not to say the Pond is in danger of that, but tomorrow is always a whole new day.

I miss the Shiny race rundowns.

Nobody on hear should be trying to get rid of other members just because of personal issues. BTW
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 07-15-2023 at 02:23 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

3rd Annual Johnny Mulligan Memorial
    World of Outlaw Super Late Models $15,000 to win; Pro Late Models $1,200 to win; Open Wheel Modifieds $1,000 to win; Super Stocks $800 to win; Mini-Stocks $500 to win

After all this was a pretty big race to go unnoticed.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    3rd Annual Johnny Mulligan MemorialWorld of Outlaw Super Late Models $15,000 to win; Pro Late Models $1,200 to win; Open Wheel Modifieds $1,000 to win; Super Stocks $800 to win; Mini-Stocks $500 to winAfter all this was a pretty big race to go unnoticed.
    ^ ^No doubt about THAT ! ! ^ ^

It's all about using a fictitious name. So people can spout off on any and all subjects as if they are experts. I try really hard to laugh off comments from most, but at my age, 70, sometimes I get angered and type crap that I re-read and say why did you answer the jerk. It will never stop, that is unfortunately a everyday occurrence

I just watched the Ponderosa race on you tube and it was an incredible race especially for Marlar who came out of the B-main, started 22nd and passed Pierce with two laps to go for the win. Here is the video if you are allowed to view it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gESwr7F4O0
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 07-15-2023 at 09:13 PM.

I was a little surprised when Marlar couldn't get going in his heat and seemed to barely make the field in the consy since he generally runs well at the Pond. When the cars were on the track waiting for the feature to start he was the only car missing and I assumed they may have had a mechanical issue and already loaded up, then he rolled onto the track at the last possible second. I was watching the 10 HTF car in the back of the field and noticed how quickly Marlar was moving up, so I fixated on his car and he put on a clinic of how to be both patient and aggressive when needed and don't believe he put a scratch on his car passing the entire field, in a race that Pierce threatened to run off with. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't pass at Ponderosa, what a show Mikey put on. Congrats to the 157 team. btw, have I mentioned how easy it is to dislike Shane Clanton?

It's very easy, Clanton is the worst...

I've been to Ponderosa probably a dozen times through the years dating back to old battles with Petro in the K1 wedge and Eddie Carrier.

My First trip was back in 1976 or close to see a 100 lapper with almost all of Kentucky's best driver's.

Butterball Wooldridge, Patrick, Watson, Micky Williams, Carrier, Gilbert, E, M, Snowden, and many more. What a race with so many lead changes, blown motors, overheated cars. Hate to leave out names but I can't remember all at once. And the banking was several feet higher back then.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 07-15-2023 at 05:01 PM.