Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Have a good time complainer.

No problem Husets employee

36 Lucas late models for $53k to win yikes

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    36 Lucas late models for $53k to win yikes

There aren't a lot of super late models in that part of the country. The Tri-State Late Model Series, Wissota Late Models, SLMR, NLRA, & IMCA Late Models aren't exactly supers.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Not much of a crowd. Hopefully, it picks up the next 2 nights.

Seriously. First night, a full show with only 36 late models and 22 street stocks and the track rubbered up within 20 laps.

Lame. Dirt track merry-go-round around the bottom. WoO sprint car track was much racier than this tonight. They better consider some feature track prep tomorrow night.

Everyone that I talked to in the last year was surprised that they did not have it at Jackson, MN. Same general area with a much nicer facility and a racier track.

Jackson is a very nice facility (a mini Knoxville) I believe the same person owns both Husets and Jackson.

Yes Todd Quiring owns both tracks but it will never be in Jackson. Hopefully and I’m confident they will figure out the track prep for the rest of the week. As to the crowd the place holds around 12,000 people and if I would guess there were at least 4000 fans including suites. If I’m doing the math correctly that $160,000 so I’m sure they’re good with that. It’s only their 2nd super Late Model show so it’s a work in progress on the track prep. Last year the first night of the Sprint Car Highbank Nationals had no more people than tonight. If it’s comes out like they want maybe he’ll make it $100,053 to win next year to hopefully get the car count up to about 50. Last year I think i80 only had 46 cars.

Get your facts straight Tuty- I-80 Speedway had 60 Late Models last year (via MyRace Pass)- Husets seating capacity all together 9,000 (via Argus Leader Newspaper)- $160,000 not correct. Because there was not 4,000 people there. And not all tickets are reserved or adults. General Admission and Kids were different prices. - Everyone knows. Late Models don’t work at Huset’s. Too narrow. Only lap traffic can make it interesting. And it’s sad that a track needs to have slow cars to affect the outcome of a race. Make a better racing surface instead

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Not much of a crowd. Hopefully, it picks up the next 2 nights.
    Fans typically pick the last night to go since not everybody can afford to go all 3 nights.

I refuse to cast blame on track prep and conditions. To many variables involved. I will say, those last 25 laps were painful to watch.
    8/13/16

The typical double heat format is going to suck at Husets. Just not enough passing in heats. It worked at I80 but not the right fit for this place. Too bad they cant figure out track prep because it looks like a great facility. If you go back to the big sprint car race a few weeks ago they talked about it quite a bit. Sounds like they cant figure out why it goes from narrow to rubber in so few laps.

O’Neal will make the show more interesting tonight.

Where’s the best fit for this race?

Multi-day shows just don't have the appeal they once did. I know these days I'm likely to just stream a preliminary feature and only hit up the Main event. As high as everything is these days you are only likely to get local people in the stands on Thursday shows. Out of towners will most likely save their bucks for the weekend portions. No guarantee this is the case but think you cannot say for sure until you see what you get on Saturday in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    Multi-day shows just don't have the appeal they once did. I know these days I'm likely to just stream a preliminary feature and only hit up the Main event. As high as everything is these days you are only likely to get local people in the stands on Thursday shows. Out of towners will most likely save their bucks for the weekend portions. No guarantee this is the case but think you cannot say for sure until you see what you get on Saturday in this day and age.
    That was kind of what I was getting at. Twenty-years ago, they got away from 2-day shows. But those were qualifying and heats the first night, b-mains and the feature the second night. Promoters could make good money off those. But the drivers couldn't and they wanted a change.

Now, you have one or two extra nights of actual racing with the main event still being on a Saturday night. I don't know how the promoters make enough to pay out all those nights without good sponsorship with the crowds being so light those early nights. But I had a former promoter tell me recently they couldn't host a WoO race without running two night (two nights of features). I didn't get into the details. I wish I had because I didn't see how the math added up.
    Last edited by MRM; 07-21-2023 at 02:21 PM.

With tonight’s program postponed until tomorrow afternoon what will the track be tomorrow night?
    Will Rogers never met Donald Trump!