Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

All those years at I80 no rain outs. Move it somewhere else look what happens. Coincidence...? I think not.

I have no idea what the details are that I 80 dried up but money always seems to have something to do with it. Trying to move a crown jewel event to another venue seems to be a lost cause. Maybe it's just some bad circumstances but not a good way to start. I hope luck improves.

Late model races at sprint car tracks never seem to draw many fans.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Late model races at sprint car tracks never seem to draw many fans.
    The two are like oil and water.

Responding to Pennsboro

I now it’s not a late model track either but I would think Lakeside Speedway in Kansas could hold the race. Maybe I’m wrong I don’t know. Just a thought.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Why not Knoxville? Eldora has multiple big races every year and the Location is better than South Dakota.

Move it to Davenport

I don’t think Todd at Husets will be giving up anything. With a good crowd today don’t be surprised if it’s $100,053 to win next year. Everyone is going off of one night but if any of you watched last years A-Main it was a really good race.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly! I've seen locked down races at pretty much every track there is. It happens. The race last year at Huset's was fantastic and I'm guessing they'll take the steps necessary to not let a lockdown happen again.
    I'm not one for endless track prep but I wonder why, if it's bolted up less than halfway... competition caution for prep with an open red flag... reasonable time limit on said prep... finish the show.
    Buzz those little tiller attachments right through the rubber, or a light scrape with the grader...misting spray of water, about 5 laps of packing and there you go boys, have at it.
    Don't try to reprep the entire track, just address THE ISSUE with the track.
    It might work, it might not but I have yet to see it tried.
    Last edited by 427c.i.; 07-22-2023 at 09:01 AM.

^
    427, I like that idea.
    8/13/16

The track rubbers nearly every week. I still have a little bit of hope for the race, but not much after watching some of weekly events.

If it makes a fool out of me, I'll accept it.

Husets treats late models as second hand citizens. Idk why they even have them. They were so early to pull the plug yesterday. They could’ve raced yesterday easily. Track was 10x more wet the Highbank Nationals night. And they raced that night. People taking pics of that one water puddle on the back straightaway in the infield. C’mon ppl. There’s no drainage down there and no one races there. Who cares. The REAL reason why they cancelled last night. That there was NO CROWD

Unfortunately I just do not see the place filling up tonight. There were not enough out of towners and campers to travel to South Dakota, and the locals seem to be Sprint Car Only fans. Maybe I will be proved wrong tonight.

Having a SLM race at this track has the feel of having a beach party in Fairbanks Alaska.

That last shot they showed of the crowd. Wow. I get it holds a good bit of people but there’s nobody in the bleachers. I do hope the racing is good.

essex just said they announced that SDN will be back in 2024 at Husets

“All of you great race fans need to exit the Huset’s Speedway at the conclusion of this afternoon’s races and then re-enter for tonight’s event.”

Well that should take about 3 minutes.

Even though it is also a sprint car track, I think Eagle Raceway would have made a lot more sense than Huset’s. The 18 cars they had for the race at Huset’s last year should have been a pretty clear indicator that they needed to look elsewhere.

2 Heats. Rubber. Farm. Repeat. 1/3 mile track can’t even do 100 lap race. C’mon man

B Shepp & clanton on front row for the 80 lapper, 2 Woo regulars lol

O'Neil might get a win if he can get to the front in 15 laps before it locks down on the bottom.