Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

This track has been in operation for 69 years, I’ll give them a chance.

The rain saved them. Track prep crew has new clue

heckuva race won by B Shep! glad its at husets. just need to run a more efficient show next year

Congrats to Sheppy. I baled during the limited late model feature. That was as pathetic of a race as I've ever seen. Outright painful.
    8/13/16

Good night show, the track was great. I don’t know where anyone thinks the Silver Dollar Nationals is going? Todd and Husets owns it not Lucas Oil. By the way 1/2 the cars parked in the parking lot were from Nebraska.

Exciting race to watch but they have to work on time management/adjusting the schedule when needed. They could have easily ran the Lucas show before that undercard fiasco.

Some on this thread need to take up asphalt racing OR get a life.

Our Minnesota group had 3 electric camp sites and 6 reserved tickets and plan to renew for next year. As far as the crowd it built every night and there was a good crowd for the Saturday night show. I remember attending the early Knoxville LM Nationals events thinking there was no way the event would make it to the following year those 1st 4-5 years. It takes time to get a foothold for multi-day events at new venues, especially at sprint car hot beds.

Did the pin get pulled early on Friday? We think so, but maybe the series decided that not the track. The frequent track prep during the day Saturday was painful, but it's to be expected for day racing.

All in all, considering the weather our group was entertained enough to give them another chance and see if they can improve for 2024 and learn from this past weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Some on this thread need to take up asphalt racing OR get a life.
    Why exactly Jog? Why specifically asphalt racing?

They want a perfect surface on dirt which is (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near impossible to achieve. Nicely laid asphalt will give the critics nothing to bitch about. Dirt track racing is duplicating dirt road racing and there's never been an ideal dirt road. Besides, all of drivers are racing on the same track conditions. Somew do it better than others. Watch Bobby Pierce, for example. He finds the best place for his car on a track while the majority pick a spot and stay there, come hell or high water.