Default Car slams house at 100 mph

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Wonder what caused that car to be airborne at that height? It almost made the roof of the house.

In my past career I was very involved in crash reconstruction. You'd be surprised at what little would be needed to launch that car at the obvious speed involved. I'm talking just a driveway apron which angles up slightly from the street or a wheelchair compliant sidewalk apron at a crosswalk. I experienced a similar crash one night while on patrol.

An officer from another jurisdiction attempted to stop a speeder and the offender decided to flee. As they approached a dog leg in the road which included an intersection (in a urban area). The offender vehicle was going too fast to navigate the curve and launched off the sidewalk pedestrian apron causing the car to go airborne. The vehicle obtained enough lift to go over a car in a parking lot causing damage to the hood and windshield of the parked car, stayed airborne for about another 40-50 feet and ended up in an ice cream shop, above the customer counter.

Nobody was injured and it was property damage only but I got asked to recon it probably because, I happened to be on duty and it was the most popular ice cream shop in town and now it was going to be closed for a while. So people wanted answers. I can't remember exactly what the math worked out to on that one but it was up there.

Point is, at very high speeds, the launch point doesn't have to be some drastic ramp object (like Hollywood always hides the screw ramp in their crash'em ups). Just a subtle ramp angle object is often enough when the vehicle is flying along at high speed.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Avon calling!!!!!

Ding Dong it's Drizzley's!!!!!

DNC Ballot Harvester's in a big hurry!!!

Interesting!