Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default XR Super Series $100k to win tonight

I would never thought we'd have a $100k to win race with less buzz than this one, not one thread about this or the racing last night. I don't know how they keep paying these purses and only 28 cars showed up but it was smart marketing to have a race in Nebraska right after the Silver Dollar Nats because not a lot of those fans went to Husets this year. But its just too busy of a time to have a race like this on a Monday/Tuesday.

Everybody is in PDC mode. Can't say I blame them, it's one of the most exciting DLM weeks on the calendar after the Eldora big ones.

Davenport 10g tune up tonight if the t storms stay away.
    8/13/16

Kyle Larson has one of his promoted events tonight as well.
    8/13/16

Reminded me of an East Bay Feb. race. In and out around 3 hr. mark. I liked it alot, watching a race from the central time zone that ends before 11pm eastern is great. Tonight should be pretty much the same except for all the tire cautions we're bound to see in a 100 lapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Kyle Larson has one of his promoted events tonight as well.
    That's been removed from Flo. Googling, I'm seeing flash flood risk and severe thunderstorm watch around there.

Maybe if XR didn't block DoD from covering their events they would get a little more press. But the conflict of interest is more important than the greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by xray View Post
    Maybe if XR didn't block DoD from covering their events they would get a little more press. But the conflict of interest is more important than the greater good.
    This is 100% correct. Didn't want to be the one to say it.
    I didn't know that there was a race till I saw this thread.
    8/13/16

18d for the win tonight…..good luck to Wilson family racing.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

DOD does cover their races- they just are not allowed to show replay videos of the races. I would assume XR wants the $$ for subscription service. That part makes $$ sense for XR; if you want to see the race then pay for their service. We went to the Kokomo 109k race on Monday after the Dream and it was really a well ran show.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    DOD does cover their races- they just are not allowed to show replay videos of the races. I would assume XR wants the $$ for subscription service. That part makes $$ sense for XR; if you want to see the race then pay for their service. We went to the Kokomo 109k race on Monday after the Dream and it was really a well ran show.
    Correct, but in a tit for tat, the 100k is not even mentioned on the '3 for the road' portion of DOD. One of the top 5 payouts of the season and it gets the same respect as an ALMS race in Michigan. :P

I wish XR and Flo would just figure out whatever their beef is. The only people it’s hurting is the fans.

I don’t understand what the problem is DOD seems to try to cover it what little they have rights to their slideshow today was five blurry pics those guys all seem very dedicated to currently mile racing so they can’t be happy about it either

Sorry about auto correct meant dedicated to dirt late model racing

How does Barry make $$ on a $100k to win show on Tuesday night that no one knew about? I honestly don't know one person who has XR.

It's telling that his schedule continues to shrink.

$100K to win . . . . not viewable . . . ridiculous!

Off Road also had a WoO race exactly a month ago. This was to be in April before much of the Nebraska racing got gong and more locals would have been in attendance in both the field and grandstand.

The series is so weird. It’s like the secretive thing nobody knows about. Flo/DOD doesn’t give them them the time of day. Did the purposely try to schedule head to head with Castrol races? Where’s all the money coming from!!!!!!!! A lot of drivers are still leery to support them.

Quote Originally Posted by xray View Post
    Maybe I’ve had it all backwards this whole time. I thought it was flo/DOD that probably was giving XR hardly any coverage because it seems like they are intentionally trying to compete with their Castrol. That makes sense though

When did XR try to go head to head with FLO Castrol?