Default Time for announcers and promoters to quit lying to the fans

Watching on Flo racing tonight the action at the Southern Nationals race at Toccoa. There is no such thing as hot lap / qualifying. You are either hot lapping or you are qualifying. There cant be both. Telling the under class cars they don't get to hot lap and only qualifying is what it is, but not both.

Quote Originally Posted by CornSmoker View Post
    Watching on Flo racing tonight the action at the Southern Nationals race at Toccoa. There is no such thing as hot lap / qualifying. You are either hot lapping or you are qualifying. There cant be both. Telling the under class cars they don't get to hot lap and only qualifying is what it is, but not both.
    sycamore does their lower classes this way, but, they run 4 or 5 laps hot then thy get the green when they're on the clock.

Ray cook singing the anthem is awesome really…..that dude ain’t scared to do anything to make the show work.
    Hats off Ray, bad ass……
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I remember they started calling it HLQ when it was a hot lap group of cars (4-8) on the track at once as opposed to qualifying which is generally 1-3 cars at a time.

But why does it matter? It is a means to say there is one less appearance on the track of a class. I don't think anyone is misleading anyone. Its not like some big ruse.

I’ll tell you what ISNT a lie….I’d rather watch grass grow than be subjected to watch qualifying,

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    I remember they started calling it HLQ when it was a hot lap group of cars (4-8) on the track at once as opposed to qualifying which is generally 1-3 cars at a time.

But why does it matter? It is a means to say there is one less appearance on the track of a class. I don't think anyone is misleading anyone. Its not like some big ruse.
    AMEN!! Some people just like to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    AMEN!! Some people just like to complain.
    some people just know what to say to stir up the Karens.

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    sycamore does their lower classes this way, but, they run 4 or 5 laps hot then thy get the green when they're on the clock.
    A lot of the tracks in the south have been going to this, especially for special events.

This is pretty common ever were in the lower divisions now

Was hard to tell what they were doing as the track was lit with 60 watt bulbs.....

The facilities/infrastructure at Toccoa has been nothing to write about for a long time, even though track management has been making improvements over the last few years. However, drivers tend to love the joint saying its one of a kind. I've heard several SLM drivers, including Kenny Collins, say the run down that dog leg back stretch will make you hold your breath.

You ever seen a heature?

Every series needs to start doing hotlap qualifying! It would save so much wear and tear on the track and the results wouldn't change much. Especially on the WoO and Lucas levels, those guys are supposed to be professionals so why do they need hotlaps before they qualify? And if they don't qualify well during hotlaps then maybe we'll get to a pass or two during the heat races for once.

Ray cook singing the anthem is awesome really…..that dude ain’t scared to do anything to make the show work.
    Hats off Ray, bad ass……
    I thought that was cool too.
    When it's time to go, I'll go! Until then I got nothing to lose! -Roy Hall